anyone else doing something like this because they are obsessed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zanaida10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, it's Thursday morning...
AFTER the Spring semester has ended...
I still have until Monday before the Summer semester starts.
Guess what I'm doing at 1:29 am?

Studying for my classes for the upcoming summer..
obsessively checking/replying on SDN
Going on ratemyprofessor.com to stalk comments about professors I'm planning on taking in FALL semester...

And I know, somewhere out there, my friends, the ones who used to party with me BEFORE pre-med is out drinking/partying and having fun.
However, the hideous B+'s on my transcripts this semester has horrified me into action...
Oh and I am doing something productive that normal 20 year old girls do at the moment--- I'm super conditioning my hair.
But doing genetics at the same time.

So tell me your stories. You know the ones that make you stop and think..."man am I really doing this? am I THAT obsessed?"

sorry about grammer guys..its really late...and all the dot dot dots its annoying me now.

Members don't see this ad.

Psych consult please!

:smuggrin:

I planned on doing all of those after finals too. I haven't done anything except maybe browse SDN once in a while and hang out with HS friends.

Sometimes I think the only thing preventing me from becoming a 'Gunner,' is my own chronic lethargy and procrastination.

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)

Going on ratemyprofessor.com to stalk comments about professors I'm planning on taking in FALL semester...

And I know, somewhere out there, my friends, the ones who used to party with me BEFORE pre-med is out drinking/partying and having fun.
However, the hideous B+'s on my transcripts this semester has horrified me into action...
Oh and I am doing something productive that normal 20 year old girls do at the moment--- I'm super conditioning my hair.

So tell me your stories. You know the ones that make you stop and think..."man am I really doing this? am I THAT obsessed?"

sorry about grammer guys..its really late...and all the dot dot dots its annoying me now.

Is everything OK? It's pretty late, maybe you should get some rest:)

I did all of that type of thing until this semester. Then I stopped cold turkey. The semester turned out just as good, but with less stress. :) I decided that I had been over-studying and over-preparing.

I'm not SORRY that I was ever like that because it gave me a solid start and much more confidence, but I'm also glad that I learned to relax more and find the level that worked without over-stressing.

I did all of that type of thing until this semester. Then I stopped cold turkey. The semester turned out just as good, but with less stress. :) I decided that I had been over-studying and over-preparing.

I'm not SORRY that I was ever like that because it gave me a solid start and much more confidence, but I'm also glad that I learned to relax more and find the level that worked without over-stressing.

I hope I can find a way to relax more and still work well without over-stressing. :)

I like reading a lot of your posts...

Shut up. Grab an 18 of natty. Call your friends.

And BTW, its grammar.

I'm not inebriated.

Natty better not = natty boh, that **** is gross

Clearly you didn't read the fine print on the bottle: "If the first one doesn't taste good yet, you haven't drank enough"

these commercials are so classic though (okay not all were commercials).

"A beer can sweats... what about me?"
those kids are so hhhhiiiigghh....

or this one

"If I was to live in Europe, I would arrange several cases of National Brew to be sent to me every month"

Yeah!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDKgfryGF1I&feature=related[/youtube]

Psych consult please!

I planned on doing all of those after finals too. I haven't done anything except maybe browse SDN once in a while and hang out with HS friends.

Sometimes I think the only thing preventing me from becoming a 'Gunner,' is my own chronic lethargy and procrastination.

Psych consult? Sounds more like surgical consult time. Being THAT obsessed gets you ulcers and aneurysms. :smuggrin:

But OP, at least you will have spanking smooth hair, though I hear that's mostly due to the genetics (bu-da-bump). Now laugh at the cheesy pun and get some rest.

Reactions: 1 user

I fell asleep on a raft in the pool yesterday for close to 4 hours. Today I plan on doing the same thing. Thank goodness it was cloudy :laugh:

Instead of freaking out over this stuff I think you should forget about it, and join a bowling team. Keep your mind limber with a strict regiment of beer. Maybe even sleep in until 3pm a few days. This is the last time you will have to do nothing.

Reactions: 1 user
Haha you guys are awesome. Except the one about the natty poo...what?

Ok so thanks for the advice on the psych and surgical consult...I'll consider.

So pre-studying never helped anyone? I'm doing because during the semester I never relax and everything seems so brand spanking new that I panic and do worse and stress and fall into the vicious cycle.
I figured this semester, although its gonna be hell on earth I am so going to go out every Friday or Saturday night to relax.

Haha you guys are awesome. Except the one about the natty poo...what?

Ok so thanks for the advice on the psych and surgical consult...I'll consider.

So pre-studying never helped anyone? I'm doing because during the semester I never relax and everything seems so brand spanking new that I panic and do worse and stress and fall into the vicious cycle.
I figured this semester, although its gonna be hell on earth I am so going to go out every Friday or Saturday night to relax.

comeon, don't kid yourself :smuggrin:.

Besides, what's the fun of going out when all your friends are studying?