anyone else done with interviews and just waiting...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thejonqproject

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
and boy does it suck.

Members don't see this ad.

YES! The waiting is horrible. I have to wait till March 19th at the least, possibly longer....gah.

I kind of wish the nonrolling schools would let you know you were rejected as they reject you, so that you can get some closure before March, and start making plans.

Good luck guys! The waiting is so painful.

YES! The waiting is horrible. I have to wait till March 19th at the least, possibly longer....gah.

I kind of wish the nonrolling schools would let you know you were rejected as they reject you, so that you can get some closure before March, and start making plans.

Good luck guys! The waiting is so painful.

Um, you guys already have acceptances. Imagine how much more painful it would be without acceptances or without interviews, even, and surely your pain will lessen.

Members don't see this ad :)
Um, you guys already have acceptances. Imagine how much more painful it would be without acceptances or without interviews, even, and surely your pain will lessen.

True, I certainly never claimed our waiting was the worst. But the waiting, it still sucks. I'm impatient, I admit it.

Right Asp! The waiting sucks having no idea if you're going to have to go through all this bull**** again!:thumbdown:

i'm right there with ya'll. just had my last interview this past friday...let the waiting begin....

... ok seriously i thought all the travelling was horrible ... 13 interviews and cross country for a lot of them .... and so much $$$

BUT NOTHING IS AS BAD AS THIS WAIT .........

arg

i check my mail now more than for interviews ............................

... ok seriously i thought all the travelling was horrible ... 13 interviews and cross country for a lot of them .... and so much $$$

BUT NOTHING IS AS BAD AS THIS WAIT .........

arg

i check my mail now more than for interviews ............................

i would say at first travelling was fun then it just began to suck.

Well, I might not be completely done, but I'm not counting on getting more interviews, so now I'm waiting for the two schools I'd like to go to that I still have a chance at.

And I'm spending my time figuring out what I'd do next year if I don't get accepted.

once you get an acceptance, your right to whine is severely diminished, re-applicant or not. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna agree with Asp on this one.

waiting sucks, but at least you know you'll be in med school somewhere next year. some of us don't even know that. :(

True, I certainly never claimed our waiting was the worst. But the waiting, it still sucks. I'm impatient, I admit it.

Yup, I hear you. March can't come soon enough :oops:

Waiting is the worst. Oddly enough, the only school I'm still waiting to hear back from (my first choice) is the first place I interviewed. So it's been a looooong time. I think what makes it even worse is that friends constantly ask, like daily, if I've heard back. NO I HAVEN'T! Please quit asking, thanks. Haha

But I agree, waiting with no acceptances would suck about now.

Waiting is the worst. Oddly enough, the only school I'm still waiting to hear back from (my first choice) is the first place I interviewed. So it's been a looooong time. I think what makes it even worse is that friends constantly ask, like daily, if I've heard back. NO I HAVEN'T! Please quit asking, thanks. Haha

But I agree, waiting with no acceptances would suck about now.

lol, do you ever get total strangers come up to you and ask you if you've gotten in yet??

And the worst is when you're family and close friends ask. You're like, "come on mom, I'd tell you if I got in!"

Members don't see this ad :)
The worst part is having to make plans for the next year that will potentially help you as a re-applicant. Of course, it's not 100% that you won't get in this year, so you can't exactly commit to much. I just wish I knew one way or the other so I can start finalizing some stuff!

Now I know what previous years' applicants meant when they said this was a long and drawn out process. No truer words. I've heard back from most of my non-rolling schools but these rolling schools are making this last an eternity. Here's to March coming sooner rather than later.

lol, do you ever get total strangers come up to you and ask you if you've gotten in yet??

And the worst is when you're family and close friends ask. You're like, "come on mom, I'd tell you if I got in!"

Actually, I think it's worse when you have to tell those family and close friends that, rather than getting an acceptance, you got REJECTED from one of the schools you were kinda looking forward to going to. And still have nothing to say for it.

Or hearing that a person that was complete like a month and a half after you and didn't do any prep for the interview not only got an interview at the state school before you, but already has the acceptance in hand, and is fully preparing to go there.

But I'm not bitter.

The worst part is having to make plans for the next year that will potentially help you as a re-applicant. Of course, it's not 100% that you won't get in this year, so you can't exactly commit to much. I just wish I knew one way or the other so I can start finalizing some stuff!

See, if I was smart, I would have taken the GRE as well, and been applying to master's programs here as well. But now I'm scrambling to apply to a couple of positions, so I can have something to do next year if I don't get accepted.

I have 3 more interviews in Mid Feb... 2 of the schools say they will let you know in 2 weeks. which is cool... if I get in.. I too am tired of traveling.... I just want to know what school so I can make plans I still have 8 schools silence... I hate this process..... just think we will have to do it again for Res. that;s a happy thought:D

Actually, I think it's worse when you have to tell those family and close friends that, rather than getting an acceptance, you got REJECTED from one of the schools you were kinda looking forward to going to. And still have nothing to say for it.

Or hearing that a person that was complete like a month and a half after you and didn't do any prep for the interview not only got an interview at the state school before you, but already has the acceptance in hand, and is fully preparing to go there.

But I'm not bitter.

How about friends who get into the school you want before you do. To top it off, they have never had to really work for anything in their life, and just happen to be buddy buddy with an adcom member who got them in, because there mcat wasn't above average and they had hardly any clinical experience.

But I'm not bitter either ;)

How about friends who get into the school you want before you do. To top it off, they have never had to really work for anything in their life, and just happen to be buddy buddy with an adcom member who got them in, because there mcat wasn't above average and they had hardly any clinical experience.

But I'm not bitter either ;)

Oh, yeah, that person was a friend, probably had a lower GPA, and had 4 points lower on the MCAT than me. But his acceptance is probably more justified than your friend's. He was in the army for a few years, and has done extensive shadowing, and all, so he deserves to be in medical school... I'm just not happy he gets to relax (after he supposedly stressed all last semester on it, and took forever getting back with me on stuff), and I'm sitting here trying to make plans for next year so I'm not left high and dry.

I think the one thing that makes the waiting worse is SDN. But if without masochism, we wouldn't be premed. :rolleyes:

The waiting sucks for EVERYONE, whether you have no acceptances and only one shot left at getting in, an acceptance or two and you're waiting for your top choice(s), or you've been accepted to every school that you applied to with full rides at most of them and you're just waiting on the last few schools. Lets not play the game of comparing burdens to figure out who has it worst. Everyone deserves to feel that their discomfort is valid.

Does anyone have any suggestions for things to make the waiting easier? Some things I've thought of:
-reading something FUN and NOT RELATED to medicine
-going out to the movies
-watching TV shows
-going out with friends who aren't applying to medical school
-journal writing (it may sound lame, but a lot of people find it really helpful in times of stress)
-exercise (people comment that running is great- I'm trying to get myself to try yoga; meditation seems like a great way to distract myself from obsessing about March)
-meditation/prayer (when it feels like nothing makes sense and you have no control over anything, looking to a higher power can be an immense source of comfort)
-rant on SDN ;)

You know, I find that I actually feel worse when I see you guys ranting about the wait. I mean, usually it's a simmering discomfort in my mind, but now it's gotten so much worse. I think the communal anxiety of SDN is affecting my psyche in a bad, bad way.

Yes, waiting sucks. I'll have to wait until March. So. far. away. can't. make. it....

Does anyone have any suggestions for things to make the waiting easier?

Get off SDN. Seriously. This site just makes it worse. I only chafe a little when I'm not on the site, especially since no one brings up the schools I applied to (besides the state school), because everyone here wants to go to the state school.