Anyone else feel like throwing up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blondnuttyboy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im just piled in secondaries...my BCPM of 3.44 makes me feel so underqualified, I'm spending thousands, and I dont even know if I'm going to to wind up somewhere or if i'll be a third time applicant.

Who feels like throwing up?

Members don't see this ad.

Im just piled in secondaries...my BCPM of 3.44 makes me feel so underqualified, I'm spending thousands, and I dont even know if I'm going to to wind up somewhere or if i'll be a third time applicant.

I submitted my secondaries without my new mcat score, and a couple of them (ok, probably three of the four) will reject almost immediately if it didn't go well. Yeah, I definitely could throw up about now.... *crossing fingers and praying that tomorrow goes well*

Don't use the posted GPAs here as an indicator of the "average" applicant - SDN users tend to be highly motivated and slightly neurotic. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't use the posted GPAs here as an indicator of the "average" applicant - SDN users tend to be highly motivated and slightly neurotic. :)

slightly? :laugh:

I just curl up and weep. It's what helps me sleep at night. (It would be really sad if this was true ...) But I still feel like it sometimes.

yes, it is very depressing. thank you for your post, it makes me feel better that others are also suffering.

This entire process is engineered for you to feel like throwing up. Recognizing that will save you a considerable amount of heartache.

STFU and apply!

STFU and apply!

Y'all ever have friends that come to you and ask you what they should do about a girl/guy they like? Same rules apply... STFU and just ask him/her out! It's an extension of the Phil Knight philosophy.

STFU and apply!

jeez thats a little harsh

to the op. I wont be applying for at least two years and my gpa isnt very good either 3.4 bcpm and 3.5 culm. Im already nervous and worried that its not going to be pretty once i get around to applying. It seems that numbers keep going up every year :eek:

plus there are many other things right now that arnt so hot in my app. Just hang in there. 3rd times a charm! :luck:

Op, I applied with a 3.48 and a 32 MCAT, I have gotten three interviews so far so don't sell yourself short. Do the best you can, and take your secondaries seriously. :luck:

I'll trade GPAs with you! :)

Op, I applied with a 3.48 and a 32 MCAT, I have gotten three interviews so far so don't sell yourself short. Do the best you can, and take your secondaries seriously. :luck:

meanwhile i've got some similar stats (albeit tainted with reapplicant stigma) and don't have a single invite...i need some zofran

Yes.

Somehow I can make it through 3-a-day workouts but I will probably end up vomiting on someone's shoes at my first interview. go figure.

3.425 GPA and 32 MCAT and 0 interviews so far...yeah. I didn't do so hot in undergrad. Here's hoping an interview comes my way.

Every little flaw in my application has grown to become a major deal-breaker, in my eyes anyway. Also, every comment made on SDN chips away at my confidence (even this one- if I don't feel like throwing up, and people with better stats DO feel like throwing up, should I feel like throwing up, too?)

I think I need a break from this board.