Anyone else feel sleepy taking CBTs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axp107

UCLA>> Italian Pryde
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if its strain or not. I just feel sleepy all the time nowadays.. sitting in front of the computer and even when taking CBTs... or studying.

I feel very lethargic.. perhaps its all the studying and lack of physical exercise. I should go run.

Anyone else have this problem.. suggestions on how to "wake up" lol

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if its strain or not. I just feel sleepy all the time nowadays.. sitting in front of the computer and even when taking CBTs... or studying.

I feel very lethargic.. perhaps its all the studying and lack of physical exercise. I should go run.

I work out and take 2-3 days break to keep me going.

Caffiene is good as well. Plus I try to sleep more, drink less, etc.

Take a mental break especially before the real one.

You know I was having the exact same problem..I'm not sure what it was. I think mainly b/c its summer and your naturally used to having this time period off from any school work i.e. studying. Just try to get on a better sleep schedule where you wake up earlier in the day, that usually helps.

I can't study effectively at home, especially after an exhausting day at work. There are too many distractions (and napping is awfully tempting). I usually try to get up early and, since I work at a university, study in one of their reading rooms for an hour or 1.5 hours before work (also helpful in that early morning is the same time of day as my retake on 8/6). If you can find a time of day when you are more awake, I would try to study then, and also somewhere that you can focus. I don't know when you are taking your MCAT, but I would suggest that if you are more clear-headed in the morning that you take an 8AM test, but if you are more focused in the afternoon to take a noon test. I'm more of a morning person, but my first test was a noon test, and my brain shut off after the PS section. My retake is at 8AM, which will hopefully work out better. And I would also agree that exercising can help. I started working out again during the month (well, 37 days :mad:) I waited for my scores, and now I feel much more focused when I study. Finally, be aware that this exhaustion/lethargy could be signs of burnout. I think I was a victim of burnout, so maybe take some time away from the books.