Anyone Else Feel This Way?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hot pickle baby

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was so excited that I got into dental school that I haven't really sat down yet to realize how awesome this is.

Is anyone else out there just on a 24-7 high?

Members don't see this ad.

I've had trouble sleeping since I got accepted. It really hasn't set in yet. It's hard to switch modes of thinking from "what can I do to improve my app if I don't get in" to "all that hard work finally paid off."

Dutchboy said:
I've had trouble sleeping since I got accepted. It really hasn't set in yet. It's hard to switch modes of thinking from "what can I do to improve my app if I don't get in" to "all that hard work finally paid off."

EXACTLY!

Its also been slightly dissappointing. I thought my parents would be really happy and my girlfriend would go through the roof.

Everyone was like, hey PICKLE, good job man.
And some were like, so your going to be in school for 4 more years.
One guy said, why not be a real doctor?
Another said, sounds hard.

In deed it does.

Now I have shifted modes to - - HOW THE HECK WILL I PAY FOR THIS!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep! It's interesting how other 'worries' just move up your priority list as others move out!

duh? said:
Yep! It's interesting how other 'worries' just move up your priority list as others move out!

It sucks. Its like, I just worked my ass off for 4 years and I got a steak dinner with my family and then the magic was all gone.

Life ____ sucks at times.

Hot pickle baby said:
It sucks. Its like, I just worked my ass off for 4 years and I got a steak dinner with my family and then the magic was all gone.

Life ____ sucks at times.
Sometimes, but I doubt if now is one of those times. Imagine if u didn't get accepted and you worked your behind off for 4 years and got NO steak dinner. Now that SUCKS!

It's been 10 days now and I'm still pretty much in a stupor. That's the best way I can describe it for me.

duh? said:
Sometimes, but I doubt if now is one of those times. Imagine if u didn't get accepted and you worked your behind off for 4 years and got NO steak dinner. Now that SUCKS!

Maybe thats whats wrong. I was so nervous for so long that I ate like a pig for a month, whatever you put in front of me got eaten.

Now that I got in, I am not so hungry!

I found out last Dec. 16th...Im still a little shocked.

Okay, let me get this one straight, you guys are complaining because you got accepted to dental school. Well, you know guys, if you don’t want your acceptances, then let me know because I can use some, considering that it’s Dec 10th and I don’t have any yet. :rolleyes:

duh? said:

WOW, I feel the same way. Thanks for writing what I'm feeling. I am worried that I'm not gonna be able to handle dental school .. because I'm so NOT smart .. oh man ... and, how the freak am I going to pay for this? and, i don't know how the heck to run my own business!! and, i hope i can meet a nice guy (who specializes, haha jk) in dental school, and we can get married by age 30. and, i'm not going to make real money until four more years! AH! ok, i am crazy. too much starbucks peppermint hot chocolate.

Hot pickle baby said:
I was so excited that I got into dental school that I haven't really sat down yet to realize how awesome this is.

I could be on a high if I could decide which school to chose. I hate when people ask where I am going cause I don't know. I am thankful that I got in even that I get to chose where, but it is not an easy decision.

Is it just me or does it seem like this pickle guy needs to chill out with the posts. Maybe that "high" is more a consequence of you forgetting your adderall than from your dental school acceptance. I know you're excited about getting in, its a big deal and i congratulate you...Congratulations...but maybe you should get out and enjoy the world that you wont be seeing for the next four years while you still have the chance instead of spending all your time posting on a message board.

Missserica said:
WOW, I feel the same way. Thanks for writing what I'm feeling. I am worried that I'm not gonna be able to handle dental school .. because I'm so NOT smart .. oh man ... and, how the freak am I going to pay for this? and, i don't know how the heck to run my own business!! and, i hope i can meet a nice guy (who specializes, haha jk) in dental school, and we can get married by age 30. and, i'm not going to make real money until four more years! AH! ok, i am crazy. too much starbucks peppermint hot chocolate.

Calm down young lady. :laugh: But you are right, I went through my school's bulletin/handbook and I was like :eek: Sometimes I imagine all the smart kids that are going to be in my class and How hard i have to work to be at the top (of course with God's help). I may not have a life at all in D-school cos i may be stuck in my apartment studying for ages! Oh all those smart kids! Ahhhhhhhhhh! What if they chose to be jerks and nobody wants to help the other person out with homework? What if they are mean and we end up having a cut-throat competitive class where you have to watch your back everyday cos someone might Dent-Sim a hole in your back, "ooops! mistake!" AhHHHHHH! What if that cute guy I saw at my interview is not there when I matriculate, even worse, what if he's M-, M-, I cant even say the M word! NAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! *Running out screaming!*

duh? said:
Calm down young lady. :laugh: But you are right, I went through my school's bulletin/handbook and I was like :eek: Sometimes I imagine all the smart kids that are going to be in my class and How hard i have to work to be at the top (of course with God's help). I may not have a life at all in D-school cos i may be stuck in my apartment studying for ages! Oh all those smart kids! Ahhhhhhhhhh! What if they chose to be jerks and nobody wants to help the other person out with homework? What if they are mean and we end up having a cut-throat competitive class where you have to watch your back everyday cos someone might Dent-Sim a hole in your back, "ooops! mistake!" AhHHHHHH! What if that cute guy I saw at my interview is not there when I matriculate, even worse, what if he's M-, M-, I cant even say the M word! NAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! *Running out screaming!*

haha :laugh:

duh? said:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! This is so funny, and EXACTLYYYYYYYYYYYY the way I have been thinking! My mind is now switched from "will I ever get in" to, ok, where are you getting the money, and where are you going to live, and what if everyone in the class is super competitive, and what if EVERY good looking male is married? I mean, has anyone else noticed how many men on these threads talk about their wives? I had no idea the pool of single guys was going to be so small! Why oh why? Do we need to send out a memo or something?

On a more positive note, I find it very funny, and reasuring, that we are all feeling the same way. I guess that's par for the course...we all have the same career objectives, and therefore, probably have many of the same personality traits. We are all worriers! We worry about getting in, and when that is off the list, we quickly find something else to worry about. I am really hoping that my class next year will be like many of the people on this thread - constantly pushing themselves to be better and do better. I always longed for more people like this in college.

Ohmigosh Sunphish you are so right. And about the guys being married ARRRRRRHH! I guess we'll just have to make do with the best that is left over. lol! :laugh:

Hot pickle baby said:
Now I have shifted modes to - - HOW THE HECK WILL I PAY FOR THIS!

Yup! I feel you on the whole money issue! That's my primary concern right now...ok so maybe i'm also thinking about how stressful D-school is gonna be. I'm trying to live it up now so that when next fall rolls around, i'll be all partied out and ready to WORK!! :love:

lindandy said:
I could be on a high if I could decide which school to chose. I hate when people ask where I am going cause I don't know. I am thankful that I got in even that I get to chose where, but it is not an easy decision.

Sure its easy.

1. Go where its cheapest.
2. If same cost, go to the one with the warmest climate closest to beach.

How hard was that?

you are hilarious!! i feel the same!

Hot pickle baby said:

You will wonder where all of that enthusiasm went come this time next year!