Anyone else feeling overwhelmed af?? Don't remember pre reqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chillingpanda

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh man, where do I begin. My Mcat date is 4/21 and I'm following my own version of nymeria sn2ed schedule , but I feel sooo overwhelmed, I honestly didn't think that going through one chapter would be so tedious. I honestly don't remember much of my pre reqs especially physics, it's destroying me and I'm literally only on the first chapter! I did well in college (graduated w/ 3.8x gpa), and I literally have no obligations until my test date so I have no excuses, but idk I'm starting to feel like I'm going to get destroyed by this exam. I've been averaging ~60% in phase 1 of tbr passages, but sometimes my reasoning would be completely off from their explanation. The only section that I'm confident on would be biochem just because I did well in it this past semester, the rest of the subjects I'm not confident on what so ever. Idk I just feel dumb af rn, and I'm also not a great test taker either, only made a 26 on the act.

Anyone else forgot most of their pre reqs and feeling this way?

Members don't see this ad.

Oh man, where do I begin. My Mcat date is 4/21 and I'm following my own version of nymeria sn2ed schedule , but I feel sooo overwhelmed, I honestly didn't think that going through one chapter would be so tedious. I honestly don't remember much of my pre reqs especially physics, it's destroying me and I'm literally only on the first chapter! I did well in college (graduated w/ 3.8x gpa), and I literally have no obligations until my test date so I have no excuses, but idk I'm starting to feel like I'm going to get destroyed by this exam. I've been averaging ~60% in phase 1 of tbr passages, but sometimes my reasoning would be completely off from their explanation. The only section that I'm confident on would be biochem just because I did well in it this past semester, the rest of the subjects I'm not confident on what so ever. Idk I just feel dumb af rn, and I'm also not a great test taker either, only made a 26 on the act.

Anyone else forgot most of their pre reqs and feeling this way?
Hang in there you’re not alone. Just so you know TBR will make you feel like a poop. But they have so many tricks that works. Just keep going, and do the questions then read answers to learn. Forget the scores.

Reactions: 1 users
I honestly don't remember much of my pre reqs especially physics, it's destroying me and I'm literally only on the first chapter! I did well in college (graduated w/ 3.8x gpa), and I literally have no obligations until my test date so I have no excuses, but idk I'm starting to feel like I'm going to get destroyed by this exam.
OMG, me too! For all of it. It's so disheartening when you can't even "get" the first chapter. You are not alone. Just keep going. I'm right there with you.

Reactions: 1 user
It may not feel like it, but you are doing fine! As with any exercise routine, it's always painful at first, but gets better as you get into it.

The absolute best (most beneficial) learning you will do is going over any question you missed and figuring out how to get it right next time you see it (or a question like it.) So take a deep breath and rethink what a 60% on Phase 1 means. First off, it means you are actually 4% higher than our average student on Phase 1, and Mr/Ms Median has been hitting 511 the last two years. So statistically speaking, you are probably a 512 (if you are doing 60% consistently on Phase 1, and improving slightly on Phases 2 and 3.) Second, it means that you have to read the detailed answer explanations. We very much want people using our books to go through the answer explanations, because they teach PoE, emphasize shortcuts, apply mnemonics, and often give multiple ways to think about a question or topic. We intentionally make most passages difficult, so that students miss at least ten questions on phase 1 and therefore go through at least ten answer explanations.

Hang in there and try to see the big picture anytime you feel a little down. It's early in the season and the championship game is months away. You may not be ready for that game today, but you will be come April 21!

Members don't see this ad :)
I find it helps not to think of the bigger picture like "wow look at all this content I have left to cover", you've only just begun so take things one step at a time. A hike always seems so daunting until you actually begin your ascent, and the more ground you cover the more confident you will feel. The MCAT is also a different beast than your university exams as it is more about comprehension and reasoning rather than regurgitating or memorization so don't make yourself so neurotic obsessing many minute details and things. Good luck, hang in there :)

I remembering being in your shoes, and they sure were uncomfortable at first. As everyone keeps saying, just stay calm. I remember getting really stressed out at first. By the third week, I didn't notice the stress anymore. Check off boxes on your list everyday and you'll get there before you know it.