Anyone else having problems with the e-mcat site?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John Buster

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Getting 'webpage is not available' on chrome and 'page cannot be displayed' on IE.

Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
AAMC Rep 1: "Let's switch DNS servers in the month of the last set of old MCATs. Who's with me?!?

*entire committee raises hands*

/facepalm

Reactions: 1 users
I was wondering the same thing. There are what, 5 MCAT exams coming up in the next three weeks? Wouldn't it have been a better idea to do this on, maybe, January 24?

Oh well, we'll live. I was pretty bummed about it last night, but in the larger scheme of things it's good practice in rolling with the unexpected, accepting the things we can't control, and all that. (...as long as it comes back soon!)

Reactions: 1 user
After clearing my browser data, the alternate link started working for me!

Edit: both are actually working now! Hooray!

Google how to change your DNS or clear your DNS cache. It will fix the problem. It depends on how often your ISP updates. Trying clearing it first, then change it if that doesn't work. Go to your network preferences on a mac, advanced setting, DNS, and click a different DNS. It worked for me. Sorry I can't explain it more, I'm not a computer person.

Google how to change your DNS or clear your DNS cache. It will fix the problem. It depends on how often your ISP updates. Trying clearing it first, then change it if that doesn't work. Go to your network preferences on a mac, advanced setting, DNS, and click a different DNS. It worked for me. Sorry I can't explain it more, I'm not a computer person.
Or you can wait 24-72 hours for your ISP to update.

I just called AAMC. The website is down and the person said they hope it is fixed by the end of today but I got the feeling they had no clue when it was going to be fixed.