Has anyone used Altius MCAT Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BigNut42054

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone used Altius MCAT Prep
I sat for the MCAT this past June and scored a 495. Looking back, I realize it wasn’t the best idea to try to cram my prep into only 6 weeks.


During that time, I mainly relied on UWorld, Anki, and AAMC materials, with some light reading from prep books. I think I would really benefit from a more structured approach and possibly a tutor.


For context: I come from a disadvantaged background. Throughout college, I had to balance working full-time while also caring for my mom during her illness. Given those circumstances, I managed to hold a 3.4 GPA (3.3 sGPA), but I know I need additional support to reach my potential on the MCAT.


That’s why I’ve been looking into Altius. The structured schedule and one-on-one mentoring seem like they might be a good fit for me. (It would cost me 1200$ total) Has anyone here used their program, and if so, how was your experience?
 
Has anyone used Altius MCAT Prep
I sat for the MCAT this past June and scored a 495. Looking back, I realize it wasn’t the best idea to try to cram my prep into only 6 weeks.


During that time, I mainly relied on UWorld, Anki, and AAMC materials, with some light reading from prep books. I think I would really benefit from a more structured approach and possibly a tutor.


For context: I come from a disadvantaged background. Throughout college, I had to balance working full-time while also caring for my mom during her illness. Given those circumstances, I managed to hold a 3.4 GPA (3.3 sGPA), but I know I need additional support to reach my potential on the MCAT.


That’s why I’ve been looking into Altius. The structured schedule and one-on-one mentoring seem like they might be a good fit for me. (It would cost me 1200$ total) Has anyone here used their program, and if so, how was your experience?
Not my own personal experience, but a friend used Altius prep for a few months and scored 511 (127/127/127/130)
 
Has anyone used Altius MCAT Prep
I sat for the MCAT this past June and scored a 495. Looking back, I realize it wasn’t the best idea to try to cram my prep into only 6 weeks.


During that time, I mainly relied on UWorld, Anki, and AAMC materials, with some light reading from prep books. I think I would really benefit from a more structured approach and possibly a tutor.


For context: I come from a disadvantaged background. Throughout college, I had to balance working full-time while also caring for my mom during her illness. Given those circumstances, I managed to hold a 3.4 GPA (3.3 sGPA), but I know I need additional support to reach my potential on the MCAT.


That’s why I’ve been looking into Altius. The structured schedule and one-on-one mentoring seem like they might be a good fit for me. (It would cost me 1200$ total) Has anyone here used their program, and if so, how was your experience?
I used Altius and scored 526. My diagnostic initial full length test was a 508. I’ve always been a good test taker, but I felt like Altius provided the structure I needed, and I felt the cars prep was the best out of any prep company I investigated. I was a tutor for 3 different prep companies, and I think choosing a program needs to be tailored to what you feel your shortcomings are. A sub-500 score indicates you need have both strategic and content knowledge deficits. I felt like Altius did a great job helping me with both of these. Feel free to message me, I’m happy to talk through it in more detail.