Anyone else like me at all?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jezzielin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am doing really well with all these secondaries have about 7 done. But I am so scared that all of this is for nothing. My numbers are superior and I am retaking my MCAT. I really need to get going on that so I am trying to finish most the the rest of my secondaries today. I just keep getting bummed out. I know they won't send me a rejection right away, and I know I have a great opportunity for this new MCAT but I am just so worried.

Oh well, anyone else retaking and nervous about this whole thing? Be nice to read while I am writing all these essays. Thanks, love ya'll!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I always have that gut feeling I won't make it in this cycle thanks to my low GPA...but then again you never know till you try, and nothing is born from fear =).

Just do it.

Turkeyman said:
Yeah I always have that gut feeling I won't make it in this cycle thanks to my low GPA...but then again you never know till you try, and nothing is born from fear =).

Just do it.

You decided not to apply? What was your GPA? What about DO schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure Turkey is applying.

Turkeyman said:

Just do it.

Is that real time movie of you..... because that **** is RIDICULOUS
amazed...........

Oh nah, I'm applying this cycle, I just said sometimes I have the gut feeling that my ~3.4 gpa will hold me back hahah.

And yes, that's me in the vid :O

turkey,

that stuff looked like a combo of gymanstics and martial arts. What exactly was that, that you were doing????

Turkeyman said:

That's a cool video. Why were you filming in what looked like a mall food court? Also, does it hurt when you fall or is it not that bad? I really wish I could do that thing where you run up against a wall and flip backwards. I would do that all the time if I could. Are you a martial artist and do you enter any tournaments?

Jezzielin said:
I am doing really well with all these secondaries have about 7 done. But I am so scared that all of this is for nothing. My numbers are superior and I am retaking my MCAT. I really need to get going on that so I am trying to finish most the the rest of my secondaries today. I just keep getting bummed out. I know they won't send me a rejection right away, and I know I have a great opportunity for this new MCAT but I am just so worried.

Oh well, anyone else retaking and nervous about this whole thing? Be nice to read while I am writing all these essays. Thanks, love ya'll!

Yes, I totally feel like you do. My MCAT wasn't so great and I am nontrad...I feel like all these secondaries are just a waste of my time and money. If I don't get any interest this cycle I will be retaking the MCAT in April and reapply for 2007. I worry that these schools will take their time about sending out rejections and I'll be in limbo until this time next year. It is all very frustrating. On top of that, all of this extra work to retype my whole AMCAS/AACOMAS over and over is annoying and seems pointless. Why not just let me send in a CV!??

The best, though, is trying to remember my work experience from 1989 on. Is that really important?

Are you taking the CBT, is that what you mean by "new MCAT"?

If I was an adcom, I would accept turkey based on this video alone :thumbup: . In fact, some schools (like Pitt) love students with interesting abilities/backgrounds.

Hahaha you guys are too nice

Thx You'reCrazy :D

And yes guju, it's a form of acrobatic martial arts which was given the name "Tricking," so each move in itself is called a "trick." The skills that I train in that video are ultimately used to create a form, aka series of techniques, that you would perform at a tournament. The "tricking" competition scene(or sport karate as they call it now) is getting pretty intense...so you have to keep getting new moves and training new skills to stay on top -- and then combo them cleanly with your hand techniques for a nice score from the judges :).

That video is from almost 7 months ago though -- I've gotten a lot of new things so I'll be posting the new vid up near the end of this year hahah.

And willthatsall, not sure you remember but I actually asked how I should categorize my tournament wins on AMCAS and you gave me some pretty good advice...I ended up lumping them together
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=208866
Yeah...I compete in forms and sparring quite a bit, though at the moment just forms, in which I use these "tricks" that are performed in the video. And the wallflip, yes I do that everywhere as well...:D. And naaah, you get used to the falling after a while...all I think about after falling is "did it look painful on camera?"

edit: And I'm sorry Jezzielin for using your thread as my chalkboard! :O

Turkeyman said:

And yes guju, it's a form of acrobatic martial arts which was given the name "Tricking," so each move in itself is called a "trick." The skills that I train in that video are ultimately used to create a form, aka series of techniques, that you would perform at a tournament. The "tricking" competition scene(or sport karate as they call it now) is getting pretty intense...so you have to keep getting new moves and training new skills to stay on top -- and then combo them cleanly with your hand techniques for a nice score from the judges :).

That video is from almost 7 months ago though -- I've gotten a lot of new things so I'll be posting the new vid up near the end of this year hahah.

And willthatsall, not sure you remember but I actually asked how I should categorize my tournament wins on AMCAS and you gave me some pretty good advice...I ended up lumping them together
Yeah...I compete in forms and sparring quite a bit, though at the moment just forms, in which I use these "tricks" that are performed in the video. And the wallflip, yes I do that everywhere as well...:D. And naaah, you get used to the falling after a while...all I think about after falling is "did it look painful on camera?"

That's cool. I enjoyed the video.

Jezz,

Sorry we are going off topic as usual.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
I'm in the same boat with you. My MCAT is not so great and I am retaking this August. I feel the same worries and anxiety that I am wasting my money. However, the difference is that I submitted my primary on July 17 and my application is still on hold. One of my transcript has not arrived even though the school said it was sent on July 15th. So, I'm encountering a lot of bad lucks already. Yup, of course I have no secondaries at all yet.
I decided to withdraw my application tomorrow and apply next cycle. I can't risk my money for their screw up. If my application is verified some time in August, I would think it is the same as applying late. I probably just apply next year then. Ahh, I just wanna tell you my story. I'm sad.

DRNNHA said:
Hey,
I'm in the same boat with you. My MCAT is not so great and I am retaking this August. I feel the same worries and anxiety that I am wasting my money. However, the difference is that I submitted my primary on July 17 and my application is still on hold. One of my transcript has not arrived even though the school said it was sent on July 15th. So, I'm encountering a lot of bad lucks already. Yup, of course I have no secondaries at all yet.
I decided to withdraw my application tomorrow and apply next cycle. I can't risk my money for their screw up. If my application is verified some time in August, I would think it is the same as applying late. I probably just apply next year then. Ahh, I just wanna tell you my story. I'm sad.

hey, don't do that! esp if that is the only reason for pulling your app. you should have sent in your transcript a little earlier, but it takes amcas awhile to receive it and enter it in the system.you're not that late

anystream said:
hey, don't do that! esp if that is the only reason for pulling your app. you should have sent in your transcript a little earlier, but it takes amcas awhile to receive it and enter it in the system.you're not that late

You guys should have some confidence! We will all get in. It is a matter of when, not a matter of if.... :thumbup:

Turkeyman said:

Just do it.

I do not think your gpa is low.
And if you can, you should send in a video of your flips and stuff! that was dope

I got through about 2 minutes and had to stop 'cause I was so dizzy watching all that!

But I think I understand the secret of this "sport karate" now: make your opponent so dizzy that his eyes eventually cross and he either faints or stumbles away muttering under his breath.

owenmichael said:
Is that real time movie of you..... because that **** is RIDICULOUS
amazed...........

I thought you were asking if we like you...i was going to say i don't really know you. Well lots of good luck!

Dude, that is what I am going to do when I get my admissions letter to med school.

Turkeyman said:

Turkeyman said:

Just do it.

i can't see your video! it's in ___.wmv format. i have an apple. is there a way you can reformat it so i can see too? if not it's ok

no fear. my overall GPA is only a 3.3 and my BCPM GPA is a 2.99, and i'm still applying this cycle, all MD schools. it's always a little more nerveracking when you're on the bubble, but you gotta keep the faith.

Turkeyman said:
Oh nah, I'm applying this cycle, I just said sometimes I have the gut feeling that my ~3.4 gpa will hold me back hahah.

I have around the same GPA, and I've gotten 2 interviews so far. You've definitely got a chance! :)