ruomengd2000

10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
My application was turned in early September and I turned in all of my secondaries shortly after. I am really starting to lose hope because people have had interviews for months and will soon be getting acceptance letters. I feel that my GPA plus my lateness is really holding me back this cycle. I really don't know what to do except be ready to submit as early as possible for next cycle. My GPA after I finish my last two semesters is going to go up so I feel like i will have a much better chance next cycle if I apply really early. Anyone else feel like this cycle is a lost cause?

Last edited:

Enso

Dr. Troy
10+ Year Member
May 24, 2008
Miami Beach, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
My application was turned in early September and I turned in all of my secondaries shortly after. I am really starting to lose hope because people have had interviews for months and will soon be getting acceptance letters. I feel that my GPA plus my lateness is really holding me back this cycle. I really don't know what to do except be ready to submit as early as possible for next cycle. My GPA after I finish my last two semesters is going to go up so I feel like i will have a much better chance next cycle if I apply really early. Anyone else feel like this cycle is a lost cause?

You only apply to Harvard or something? Unless your GPA's a 2.0 I'd figure a 23 AA would buy you some interviews.

ruomengd2000

10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
You only apply to Harvard or something? Unless your GPA's a 2.0 I'd figure a 23 AA would buy you some interviews.

I have a 3.1 and I applied to a good number of schools. I only received one interview and haven't heard anything from any other school.

About the Ads

Lucky13

10+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Yup, looking forward to next year. There's an odd calm in not caring to check my email and snail mail feverishly...

Andrew324

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 23, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
You applied to a good number, of really really good schools....

tanvsten

10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
in the same boat. getting over the depressing feeling of disappointment and failure..and now considering plan B...

ruomengd2000

10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
so true :/

anyway,

Didn't I tell you to relax yesterday!!!

I tried relaxing but you guys coming and giving the talk just reminded me of how behind I am this cycle. It's just disappointing when I don't hear from any schools. Not knowing SUCKS!!!

somethinpositiv

10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student

You have an interview... and you've lost hope?? What's with the rampant pessimism on these boards, it's disturbing really...

Unless you have zero interviews, you really have no business starting this thread. You'll get into Columbia, have some hope, jeez..

telebeans

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
your interview is at columbia though!!! you'll do great! :) :)

are you going to pds banquet?

p.s. AWESOME DATS!

Dentista08

looking for a practice!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
  2. Dentist
Totally loosing hope here =( no interviews for me, so be happy you got one!!!! It's in December! You will get in-- have faith & don't show your discouragement to the interviewees! good luck!

supraman

Boston Celtics
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Totally loosing hope here =( no interviews for me, so be happy you got one!!!! It's in December! You will get in-- have faith & don't show your discouragement to the interviewees! good luck!

I'm with this chica, HURRY UP SCHOOLS

TempleDMDKrazd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
the cycle is only half over there is still all of december, january, feb, and maybe even march...

r8 dds

10+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I agree with Dentista. At least you're lucky enough to have 1 interview, while others including myself, don't even have any! Don't lose hope just yet...

dr bojangles

10+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
i'd say apply to more schools if you have the means (hurry though, i think deadlines are passing quickly). even so, your interview is at columbia which many, if not most, predents consider to be a "top-tier" school. good luck.

TeamGuo

10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
your stats are great and you have an interview with columbia. You will get more interviews post-december, but as for now there's nothing you can do.

Good luck, I am sure the school of your choice will give you an invite.

ruomengd2000

10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
your interview is at columbia though!!! you'll do great! :) :)

are you going to pds banquet?

p.s. AWESOME DATS!

Yes I am! I'll see you there.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I really didn't mean to offend anyone who haven't received an interview yet. I'm just venting out my frustrations and seeing if anyone else feels the same way I do. Again, thanks everyone and good luck to all of you.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.