Anyone Else Losing Hope and Thinking About Next Cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruomengd2000

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application was turned in early September and I turned in all of my secondaries shortly after. I am really starting to lose hope because people have had interviews for months and will soon be getting acceptance letters. I feel that my GPA plus my lateness is really holding me back this cycle. I really don't know what to do except be ready to submit as early as possible for next cycle. My GPA after I finish my last two semesters is going to go up so I feel like i will have a much better chance next cycle if I apply really early. Anyone else feel like this cycle is a lost cause?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My application was turned in early September and I turned in all of my secondaries shortly after. I am really starting to lose hope because people have had interviews for months and will soon be getting acceptance letters. I feel that my GPA plus my lateness is really holding me back this cycle. I really don't know what to do except be ready to submit as early as possible for next cycle. My GPA after I finish my last two semesters is going to go up so I feel like i will have a much better chance next cycle if I apply really early. Anyone else feel like this cycle is a lost cause?

You only apply to Harvard or something? Unless your GPA's a 2.0 I'd figure a 23 AA would buy you some interviews.

You only apply to Harvard or something? Unless your GPA's a 2.0 I'd figure a 23 AA would buy you some interviews.

I have a 3.1 and I applied to a good number of schools. I only received one interview and haven't heard anything from any other school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, looking forward to next year. There's an odd calm in not caring to check my email and snail mail feverishly...

You applied to a good number, of really really good schools....

in the same boat. getting over the depressing feeling of disappointment and failure..and now considering plan B...

so true :/

anyway,

Didn't I tell you to relax yesterday!!!

I tried relaxing but you guys coming and giving the talk just reminded me of how behind I am this cycle. It's just disappointing when I don't hear from any schools. Not knowing SUCKS!!!

You have an interview... and you've lost hope?? What's with the rampant pessimism on these boards, it's disturbing really...

Unless you have zero interviews, you really have no business starting this thread. You'll get into Columbia, have some hope, jeez..

your interview is at columbia though!!! you'll do great! :) :)

are you going to pds banquet?

p.s. AWESOME DATS!

Totally loosing hope here =( no interviews for me, so be happy you got one!!!! It's in December! You will get in-- have faith & don't show your discouragement to the interviewees! good luck!

Totally loosing hope here =( no interviews for me, so be happy you got one!!!! It's in December! You will get in-- have faith & don't show your discouragement to the interviewees! good luck!

I'm with this chica, HURRY UP SCHOOLS

the cycle is only half over there is still all of december, january, feb, and maybe even march...

I agree with Dentista. At least you're lucky enough to have 1 interview, while others including myself, don't even have any! Don't lose hope just yet...

i'd say apply to more schools if you have the means (hurry though, i think deadlines are passing quickly). even so, your interview is at columbia which many, if not most, predents consider to be a "top-tier" school. good luck.

your stats are great and you have an interview with columbia. You will get more interviews post-december, but as for now there's nothing you can do.

Good luck, I am sure the school of your choice will give you an invite.

your interview is at columbia though!!! you'll do great! :) :)

are you going to pds banquet?

p.s. AWESOME DATS!

Yes I am! I'll see you there.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I really didn't mean to offend anyone who haven't received an interview yet. I'm just venting out my frustrations and seeing if anyone else feels the same way I do. Again, thanks everyone and good luck to all of you.