Anyone else submitted secondary in mid August and stll have no interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quaero

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some advice on what to do right now. My last letter of rec was received by AMCAS on August 14. I have submitted about 20 secondaries and have not heard back from most of them (3 have rejected me, pre-interview, and 3 have put me on hold). What should I do with the majority's silence? Would it be a good idea to call, write them an email, or a letter?

I am very worried. My stats are about average for most school.
Any help would be much appreciated :D

Members don't see this ad.

just wait...most schools haven't replied for most ppl

the majority of invites have yet to go out. if you're still in this boat at Christmastime, it might be time to start sniffing around for some kind of problem with your app (lousy PS? bad LOR? zero clinical time?)

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, looking at the schools that you applied to, there are several of those "no news is good news" types...i.e. those that send out rejections asap as opposed to waiting until March. Especially BU...if you haven't been rejected from there yet, you're in a good spot :D

Thanks for all the replies.

Anyone else having this issue? So my best action is to do nothing but wait?:(

You have a slow list of schools (I guess more by coincidence than anything else). If you're worried though, keep on building your ECs just in case (these would also make you look better at interviews).

+1, and one of mine is one of my state schools.