anyone else switching to august??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2bkiddoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are there any other former-april-mcat-takers who have decided with these five weeks to go that the august mcat is a better idea? just curious...

Members don't see this ad.

+pad+

I've joined the ranks of the August MCATers...
In the long run, I know it's the best decision for me...
Although I am putting myself, as an applicant, in a dangerous position by taking the exam in August...

Nevertheless, I am at peace with my decision..

:clap:

knowing there is -at least- one person will make it that much easier.

thanks for posting...

Members don't see this ad :)
i can't waste the money so i'm going to go ahead and take the april mcat, apply in june with whatever i have, and then retake in august no matter what. and if i don't get in then i'll retake in april and reapply next year. i hate the cycle but what else am i going to do? Live? I'd already be doing that...so why not try until the very end? that's my view on it

I wouldn't feel bad about the decision you made. It's better to do well on the mcat than having the application in early with a sucky score.
If you have the entire summer to study, then you'll have all the time in the world to correct the mistakes you were making and learn all the materials not only once, but maybe twice!
Good luck!

:horns:

i wonder if it is possible to switch your test dates without having to repay, etc.....does anybody know? i'm going to search on the MCAT site

I think you can get a 100 dollar or so refund, but I'm pretty sure you can't apply the whole fee from the april to august test.

i know i can get 100 back, but don't think any more then that. g'luck if youre tryin' to and let me know if it works!!

anyone else out there?