anyone else take college credit, not AP in highschool?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Wall$treet

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, i recall vividly the day a comm. college rep came and convinced my grd. 11 class how great it would be to get these college credits at like a quarter of hte price and they would transfer et and everything. I even called my univeristy to ask if the grades would transfer and they said no, just the creidts, so i said great, caues i knew i didnt want to have to bust my ass senrio yer of highschool. Anyway i ended up taking physics 1 and 2 and a math class. I was never studying.. u know how senior year is, and pulled a B in phyiscs 1 A in 2 and an A in hte math. At the tiem it was not big deal but low and behold AMCAS needing every damn grade ever from you so , not to be a complainer but it really wasnt representaive of me to have to put a B down for physics as i had no idea 6 years before it would matter. Freakin eh. The doulbe kicker was that for mcat i had NO physics for 5 years.. i had to self learn from a text.. was hard as f### to do, Actualy ended up wtih a good score on physical. .my best one ha, but manwho would have thought so much misery form one choice in highschool.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel your pain. I took two classes for fun at a local college in HS and got an A- and a B- (philosophy and economics) because it was just for fun. I never thought it would matter, until I realized that I had to put it down on the AMCAS application. It also brought down my GPA but I didn't want to take any chances by not sending the transcript.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did this as well. I was the only student to take 15 credits (English 100 and 101, Psychology, Sociology and History)in my senior year of high school. I was proud of myself then for doing.

However.... I got 2 C's (college Physc and sociology). At the time it didn't matter because everyone was proud of me for passing all the courses as well as my two high school courses. I didn't plan on med school back then in 1984.

I was really upset when I found out that those grades had to figure into my GPA 18 years later. I really ticked me off. And my GPA went down because of it. The only good thing was that on the class grade break down it does list them as being in high school so they don't carry to much weight.

so I know what you are going through. they don't tell you these things when you do them.

oh yes i must mention i had no idea i was gonna do prmed at the time either so totaly didnt care.. thought id mention cause yes if i knew i was premed than it would be my repsonsiblity to have found out and done well etc.. ok ltr