Academic Term for AP Credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avi8Med

Reaction score
Good afternoon,
I'm currently inputting my course information on AMCAS and have a good number of AP credits. On my transcript, they are listed under a separate section called "Test Credit." I know that AMCAS asks you to list these as Freshman courses, but which term would I list? None of these credits are marked as Fall or Spring, so my initial impression was to mark them down as "FullYear Course - Semester System" since my university uses the semester system, but my AP courses were year-round courses in my HS. Would this be a correct assumption? My confusion stems from the AAMC video where the narrator marks her AP credit as Fall because "that is when her university awarded her the credits," while my transcript does not show any particular term for which they were awarded. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Good afternoon,
I'm currently inputting my course information on AMCAS and have a good number of AP credits. On my transcript, they are listed under a separate section called "Test Credit." I know that AMCAS asks you to list these as Freshman courses, but which term would I list? None of these credits are marked as Fall or Spring, so my initial impression was to mark them down as "FullYear Course - Semester System" since my university uses the semester system, but my AP courses were year-round courses in my HS. Would this be a correct assumption? My confusion stems from the AAMC video where the narrator marks her AP credit as Fall because "that is when her university awarded her the credits," while my transcript does not show any particular term for which they were awarded. Thanks!
You may want to check with your registrar. Usually, credit is awarded upon matriculation, so that would normally be the first term of your first year, but your registrar should be able to advise you there. Hopefully, you aren't the first premed student they've had to address this issue with.