You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
D
deleted804295
I read too many SDN threads stating this is unprofessional so I guess I'll just have to wear uncomfy normal people clothes to go study now *sighs*Scrubs are way too comfy. I actually wear them even when I'm running errands just so that I don't have to wear normal people clothes.
Anyone else in the same boat or is it just me?
I also wear my white coat in public along with all my badges on my face
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No
D
deleted804295
Why would you do that?I also wear my white coat in public along with all my badges on my face
Why would you do that?
It was sarcasm.
D
deleted804295
Why?It was sarcasm.
I want people to know I am super important and vital to the healthcare system. I make the cashier call me doctor. Front lines front linesWhy would you do that?
Why?
Wearing scrubs out is considered to be kind of cringy because it looks like you want people to know YoUrE iN hEaLtHcArE. Also it’s gross because if you were actually doing anything in those scrubs then you shouldn’t be going anywhere in them.
D
deleted804295
But why?I want people to know I am super important and vital to the healthcare system. I make the cashier call me doctor. Front lines front lines
D
deleted804295
I think my op stated it was because they're comfy 🙂Wearing scrubs out is considered to be kind of cringy because it looks like you want people to know YoUrE iN hEaLtHcArE. Also it’s gross because if you were actually doing anything in those scrubs then you shouldn’t be going anywhere in them.
I think my op stated it was because they're comfy 🙂
Perception is reality.
I think my op stated it was because they're comfy 🙂
And that also doesn’t change the fact that people wearing scrubs out in public that they’ve worn around patients are gross.
WoooshBut why?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can instead wear a pair of sweats or athletic clothes? That way you retain the comfort, but don’t look like one of “those” people. Funny enough when I see someone out in the public in scrubs I assume they are a different type of healthcare worker(x-ray tech, veterinarian assistant, etc.) since most surgeons or other scrub wearing doctors aren’t working 9-5.
D
deleted804295
Oh I dont mind what profession people think I am. I just enjoy them because they're comfy.You can instead wear a pair of sweats or athletic clothes? That way you retain the comfort, but don’t look like one of “those” people. Funny enough when I see someone out in the public in scrubs I assume they are a different type of healthcare worker(x-ray tech, veterinarian assistant, etc.) since most surgeons or other scrub wearing doctors aren’t working 9-5.
I'll have to look into comfy athletic wear. Have yet to find pants as loose as scrub pants 😛
D
deleted859689
Feel free to where whatever yo. Just know that some people will have the same thoughts as some on here. When I used to work at the bux, we were near clinics and I've had doctors in scrubs come in just to get coffee. If I could help it though, I personally would change before going out in scrubs - I have some nice loose clothes that feel better.Oh I dont mind what profession people think I am. I just enjoy them because they're comfy.
I'll have to look into comfy athletic wear. Have yet to find pants as loose as scrub pants 😛
I also wear my white coat in public along with all my badges on my face
It is legitimately not possible to overemphasize how much I loved this
Feel free to where whatever yo. Just know that some people will have the same thoughts as some on here. When I used to work at the bux, we were near clinics and I've had doctors in scrubs come in just to get coffee. If I could help it though, I personally would change before going out in scrubs - I have some nice loose clothes that feel better.
This.
This topic has come up many times in the past and people here all give it the thumbs down, but many of them do it. Why? Because a lot of med schools allow scrubs as part of the dress code so Ms1s and Ms2s who stop at the grocery store or Starbucks or whatever on the way home from lab or class will be wearing scrubs, MS3s or 4s who were in clinic or non-procedure rotations will be wearing them for the same reasons, and as the above poster mentioned, docs who leave the hospital to get coffee are not going to change every time if their scrubs are not soiled.
Once you're a resident, if you're in a field with procedures, you likely won't (or shouldn't) wear them outside the hospital.
But why?
You can’t actually be this socially unaware, can you?
Also, the classmates I saw wearing scrubs to run errands were people known for being attention seeking tools.
Phases of medical students:
1. Pre-med and just entering school: Oh my gosh, SCRUBS!!! (TV show and clothing) CHECK OUT MY WHITE COAT! (wears stethoscope and white coat around)
2. Preclinical: Standardized patient selfies. Got my Figs (TM) and Littmann Cardiology V (or whatever number its on now)
3. Clinical: Pockets, pockets, all the neat things in my pockets 😀
4. 4th Year: Oh, you want me to wear my white coat? It was maliciously destroyed as soon as I matched lost it.
1. Pre-med and just entering school: Oh my gosh, SCRUBS!!! (TV show and clothing) CHECK OUT MY WHITE COAT! (wears stethoscope and white coat around)
2. Preclinical: Standardized patient selfies. Got my Figs (TM) and Littmann Cardiology V (or whatever number its on now)
3. Clinical: Pockets, pockets, all the neat things in my pockets 😀
4. 4th Year: Oh, you want me to wear my white coat? I
Phases of medical students:
1. Pre-med and just entering school: Oh my gosh, SCRUBS!!! (TV show and clothing) CHECK OUT MY WHITE COAT! (wears stethoscope and white coat around)
2. Preclinical: Standardized patient selfies. Got my Figs (TM) and Littmann Cardiology V (or whatever number its on now)
3. Clinical: Pockets, pockets, all the neat things in my pockets 😀
4. 4th Year: Oh, you want me to wear my white coat? It was maliciously destroyed as soon as I matchedlost it.
I think I started at step 4 once I saw all the phlebotomy and nursing students get their white coats on Instagram.
Scrubs are way too comfy. I actually wear them even when I'm running errands just so that I don't have to wear normal people clothes.
Anyone else in the same boat or is it just me?
What you are actually looking for is Lululemon. Doesn’t matter if you’re a guy or girl. Solves your comfort issue while also preventing you from looking like a preposterous microbe-carrying menace.
Scrubs are way too comfy. I actually wear them even when I'm running errands just so that I don't have to wear normal people clothes.
Anyone else in the same boat or is it just me?
Normal people clothes? What makes you a non normal person?
I never did this in the pre-covid era but I have actually been wearing (clean!) scrubs to go grocery shopping in/do any necessary in person shopping these days. They are comfy and take a beating so I can just throw them in the wash right after. Plus, I relish the assumption they are gross because people actually keep their distance from me instead of clamoring over me to get what they need like usual (looking at you Costco and Trader Joe’s customers).
D
deleted804295
Well that's quite uncharitable and frankly rude.You can’t actually be this socially unaware, can you?
Also, the classmates I saw wearing scrubs to run errands were people known for being attention seeking tools.
D
deleted804295
Uniform clothing vs non- uniform 🙂 Sorry the word normal insulted youNormal people clothes? What makes you a non normal person?
Ie. School uniform, mechanic uniform, police officer uniform, vs streetwear.
D
deleted804295
They're very comfortable!!I never did this in the pre-covid era but I have actually been wearing (clean!) scrubs to go grocery shopping in/do any necessary in person shopping these days. They are comfy and take a beating so I can just throw them in the wash right after. Plus, I relish the assumption they are gross because people actually keep their distance from me instead of clamoring over me to get what they need like usual (looking at you Costco and Trader Joe’s customers).
I opted not to wear mine to study just for the professionalism conversation I saw on older threads. Medical community is small and don't want to accidentally bump into a department head and rub them the wrong way 🙂
But while on campus I do wear the scrubs! Takes too much effort to bring a change of undergarments and clothing to have to change. Plus very comfy!!!
Idk, COVID changed a lot of things and I find myself to be way more low maintenance now. I often go out without makeup and without my hair done and why not wear a pair of glorified and comfy pajamas? xD
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pretty much everybody in the hospital wears a white coat now. It’s not cool anymore. Sort of like Facebook. It was hip when it was all college students. But now it’s all boomerz sharing fake news and pictures of their neighbors ferret
Well that's quite uncharitable and frankly rude.
I’ll be honest, I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not.
Yeah saw a girl in scrubs and her whitecoat at walmart. Talk about pretentious. Maybe she'll one day realize her level of cringe. We all learn sooner or later...
I tend to think not.I’ll be honest, I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not.
If this is a troll, it is easily the best I've ever seen given the length and breadth of everything.
The only time I used to wear scrubs when I was out is if I had to do a quick shopping errand after a 16 hour shift when I was an RT. I felt mega cringe when I did so, but it was like midnight in the grocery store so whatever, everyone there was a degenerate like me anyway
Similar when I was a resident post 30 hour call if I needed milk or something from CVS.The only time I used to wear scrubs when I was out is if I had to do a quick shopping errand after a 16 hour shift when I was an RT. I felt mega cringe when I did so, but it was like midnight in the grocery store so whatever, everyone there was a degenerate like me anyway
Uniform clothing vs non- uniform 🙂 Sorry the word normal insulted you
Ie. School uniform, mechanic uniform, police officer uniform, vs streetwear.
The word normal did not insult me but I respect the apology. May it warm others who may have been insulted by your tasteless word choice.
The word normal did not insult me but I respect the apology. May it warm others who may have been insulted by your tasteless word choice.
Unfortunately, the facetiousness of this post will probably be missed.
D
deleted804295
Okay yeah.
I'm done being bullied by attending and now mods on this site so I'm just going to delete this account.
Thank you to all the adcoms for helping me get this far. You know who you all are. Goodbye.
I'm done being bullied by attending and now mods on this site so I'm just going to delete this account.
Thank you to all the adcoms for helping me get this far. You know who you all are. Goodbye.
Covid was the best thing to happen to disgusting and stupid white coats. Don't @ me
Okay yeah.
I'm done being bullied by attending and now mods on this site so I'm just going to delete this account.
Thank you to all the adcoms for helping me get this far. You know who you all are. Goodbye.
Dude, no one is bullying you. That person's post was a joke, pointing out that your apology was totally unnecessary because your response was very benign and tasteful. And my post was pointing out that his facetiousness will probably not be taken that way because you tend to take things literally and at face value.
None of that is bullying.
D
deleted804295
M935 I'm not in the mood to argue with you right now.Dude, no one is bullying you. That person's post was a joke, pointing out that your apology was totally unnecessary because your response was very benign and tasteful. And my post was pointing out that his facetiousness will probably not be taken that way because you tend to take things literally and at face value.
None of that is bullying.
You know very well what you said and how it was meant to deride me. You have a history of bashing me and I have no need to explain it.
I seemed to be protected for whatever reason in the pre med forums from the lounge attendings but for whatever reason they frequent the med student forums daily and enjoy deriding me. I'm done with it all.
D
deleted804295
Anyways, while I enjoy many of the individuals on SDN and enjoy helping out the premeds it is as much of a professional forum as it is a social forum.M935 I'm not in the mood to argue with you right now.
You know very well what you said and how it was meant to deride me. You have a history of bashing me and I have no need to explain it.
I seemed to be protected for whatever reason in the pre med forums from the lounge attendings but for whatever reason they frequent the med student forums daily and enjoy deriding me. I'm done with it all.
While the attendings face no repercussions from bickering and arguing daily it negatively reflects my character. One that does not reflect reality as I tend to be a non confrontational person. This negative image from arguing with attendings that have nothing to lose can and will follow me everywhere in the medical community and I want no part in it.
M935 I'm not in the mood to argue with you right now.
You know very well what you said and how it was meant to deride me. You have a history of bashing me and I have no need to explain it.
I seemed to be protected for whatever reason in the pre med forums from the lounge attendings but for whatever reason they frequent the med student forums daily and enjoy deriding me. I'm done with it all.
I have literally zero idea what you are talking about, but I wish you well regardless.
Why are you, as an M1, wearing scrubs at all? Sweatpants are M1 attire.
I appreciate your excitement at being in medical school, but wearing scrubs to run errands give off a "look at me! I'm just so busy saving lives I need to do grocery shopping in scrubs!" vibe. And that's something you're manufacturing because right now you're just a glorified college student. Its not a good look. But you'll get over it; I'd just be aware its on the same level as a premed buying a monogrammed white coat that reads 'Pre-medical Student'.
If you're wearing anatomy scrubs because you want to walk around in public smelling gross I applaud you.
I appreciate your excitement at being in medical school, but wearing scrubs to run errands give off a "look at me! I'm just so busy saving lives I need to do grocery shopping in scrubs!" vibe. And that's something you're manufacturing because right now you're just a glorified college student. Its not a good look. But you'll get over it; I'd just be aware its on the same level as a premed buying a monogrammed white coat that reads 'Pre-medical Student'.
If you're wearing anatomy scrubs because you want to walk around in public smelling gross I applaud you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
that was deep.Anyways, while I enjoy many of the individuals on SDN and enjoy helping out the premeds it is as much of a professional forum as it is a social forum.
While the attendings face no repercussions from bickering and arguing daily it negatively reflects my character. One that does not reflect reality as I tend to be a non confrontational person. This negative image from arguing with attendings that have nothing to lose can and will follow me everywhere in the medical community and I want no part in it.
I seemed to be protected for whatever reason in the pre med forums from the lounge attendings but for whatever reason they frequent the med student forums daily and enjoy deriding me. I'm done with it all.
Me too thanks
A
AnatomyGrey12
Most of us have been here. We get used to wearing scrubs, which are super comfortable at first, but slowly get used to it and they don't give the same razzle dazzle. Everyone else goes into ER.
M935 I'm not in the mood to argue with you right now.
You know very well what you said and how it was meant to deride me. You have a history of bashing me and I have no need to explain it.
I seemed to be protected for whatever reason in the pre med forums from the lounge attendings but for whatever reason they frequent the med student forums daily and enjoy deriding me. I'm done with it all.
Did you ever end up trying alcohol?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 191
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 354
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 523
- Replies
- 49
- Views
- 8K