Anyone entering 3rd year thought they would hate clinical medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Re3iRtH

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can the minimal exposure during 1st-2nd year be enough to give someone this
idea that 3rd year is going to be a hassle? Or do we not get enough of an
idea to make this statement?
I pretty much thought this but luckily I am already being proven wrong
by my first rotation, awesome people and I still feel like learning during
3rd year may still be pretty 'academic', which is why I really enjoyed
1st and 2nd year.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, maybe I'm going a bit off-topic here, but I am also loving 3rd-year so far. Granted, I was blessed with a lighter rotation, but the experience these past 2 weeks has been awesome.

The doctor I work with is the coolest thing since sliced bread, just so ya all know. I think they cloned a carbon copy of me and my brain, threw another 25 years on the odometer, and gave him a medical degree. I hope he switches his specialty every 2-to-8 weeks according to my rotations schedule so that I can work with him all yearlong. Hilarious like Darrell Hammond (SNL), only 50 times funnier, with shades of Holden Caulfield thrown into the mix. The humor is never obnoxious or over-the-top. I'm treated like a member of the team and not like a scumbag. And real-life patients kick ass. One month ago, there was no way in hell I expected to wake up in the morning before a 12-hour workday, throw on a shirt, tie, whitecoat, and stethoscope, and absolutely love going to work.

Just hoping I don't get thrown into the frying pan when this rotation ends, because right now this personal utopia rocks.