Is doing a MBA in Health Administration Delusional during Clinical Years?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockroovy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Colleagues, I am seriously considering starting an MBA program on Health Admin and Evaluation, it is online and requires only 10 hours a week (so they say). Do you think is possible during Clinical Rotations or is this just crazy?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
When were you planning on sleeping? It depends on where you rotate, but my hours on core rotations like IM and Peds were like 7:30 AM to 4-5 pm. I personally wouldn't do it because your clinical year grades are important for matching.

Reactions: 1 user
When were you planning on sleeping? It depends on where you rotate, but my hours on core rotations like IM and Peds were like 7:30 AM to 4-5 pm. I personally wouldn't do it because your clinical year grades are important for matching.
My mistake, I meant 10 hours a week. Sorry. But still, I would like your input. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I echo the above, maybe if you're a genius (need minimal time to study for shelf exams and to get knowledge in place for pimping questions) and your school has relatively low time commitment rotations. Every rotation of my third year except radiology was a lot of work in terms of both time spent in the hospital/clinics and also studying afterward.

In terms of coursework, MBA/MHAs tend to be a joke (this is coming from somebody who has taken MBA level courses at a T7 business school).

The reason to go to business school isn’t to learn but rather make connections. If you won’t be able to make those connections because you’ll be busy with rotations, it doesn’t make any sense to do the program.

Reactions: 1 users
Ask yourself why you want to get an MBA in the first place? For most responses to this why that i can imagine what you're proposing seems suboptimal at best.