Anyone familiar with the MMPI-2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolscreenname

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am familiar with this testing instrument, but I do not know much of the background and validity behind it. I took this assessment about 10 years ago. I read through the results of this and I am extremely bothered by it. I had a few questions:

1) Is there a lot of credibility behind the results of the instrument? Should I take what the neuropsych puts in the report very seriously or should I just take it with a grain of salt. The results have a very very negative outlook on my personality. Some of it sounds like me, but some of it is way off base!

2) The psychologist that administered it wrote up a long discussion. Its surprising that 10 scales can generate a very long "portrait" . Is this discussion standard language or is it his interpretation of the scales put in paragraphs in his words, i.e. He sees that I have elevations on the 1 and 5 scales so he has very long canned answers with a ton of characteristics written up.

Members don't see this ad.

SDN is not for medical or psychological advice or feedback. Please consult with a local psychologist regarding these sorts of questions. Among other things, it would be unethical for anyone here to give you this type of advice without having met you and seen the relevant documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.