Anyone finished filling out FAFSA yet? How long did it take?

About the Ads

dentist2bee

im hungry... all the time
10+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2006
Irvine, CA
  1. Pre-Dental
    Will it effect me in any way if i put down last year's tax information, in which i made barely anything, instead of this years tax information in which i made a lot? i ask because the difference is so drastic. not to mention, i havent done my taxes yet. can someone enlighten me?

Snahster

10+ Year Member
    Nov 9, 2006
    1. Pre-Dental
      Will it effect me in any way if i put down last year's tax information, in which i made barely anything, instead of this years tax information in which i made a lot? i ask because the difference is so drastic. not to mention, i havent done my taxes yet. can someone enlighten me?

This is what might happen (it happened to my friend). If they get the information from your taxes last year they will just award you a set amount of awards/loans based on that information. When they find out later the real information they will send you a letter saying "such and such amount has been removed from your financial aid package for such and such a reason." Just go buy turbotax get your W2 and fill it out. it really doesn't take that long.

dentist2bee

im hungry... all the time
      10+ Year Member
      Dec 12, 2006
      Irvine, CA
      1. Pre-Dental
        This is what might happen (it happened to my friend). If they get the information from your taxes last year they will just award you a set amount of awards/loans based on that information. When they find out later the real information they will send you a letter saying "such and such amount has been removed from your financial aid package for such and such a reason." Just go buy turbotax get your W2 and fill it out. it really doesn't take that long.

Thanks!! I saw that turbo tax program the other day at Costco, and one of my co-workers mentioned it was beneficial. I dont really understand how it works though. to do your taxes, will it just provide you with a spreadsheet and allow you to press submit? or is it more of an organization tool?

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.