Anyone frustrated the only dental school in GA is in Augusta? Why is there no school in Atl?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Golden93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Augusta is so boring!

Members don't see this ad.

Two of my friends are currently in dental school there. Their class mates are all very close and have a great time.

Is there anything to do in augusta besides golf?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure what all there is, but I know there's a shooting range and bowling alley.

I remember reading that there was one in atlanta about 50 years ago but it got shut down due to anti-semitic activity.

I remember reading that there was one in atlanta about 50 years ago but it got shut down due to anti-semitic activity.

Really? I know Emory had a dental school a while ago, but I thought it shut down due to insufficient funding (like a bunch of other dental schools around the nation at the time). Side note: Apparently, the old dental school building hasn't been renamed and is still known as "the dental school building."

Yeah, it was emory that was antisemitic back in the 50s...

Yesssss, I feel you. I'm a student at Emory and I really wish the dental school still existed. Atlanta is awesome. The dental building is now a part of the biology department.

I would live in Sh*tsville USA if it meant I got to pursue my dream career. Augusta isn't that bad. You'll spend most of your time studying anyway.

Reactions: 1 user