anyone get a rash from anatomy lab???

Started by saanjana
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

saanjana

Full Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys, as gross as this sounds....I got a rash from anatomy lab :scared:
i just had my practical yesterday, so was living in the lab last week.... and had dissection this morning....then had class for an hour...came home, took a shower, and noticed a rash in my torso area.....

went to our clinic to get it checked out....the nurse had a good laugh 😕 ....gave me benadryl spray and sent me home

this happen to someone else?
 
saanjana said:
hey guys, as gross as this sounds....I got a rash from anatomy lab :scared:
i just had my practical yesterday, so was living in the lab last week.... and had dissection this morning....then had class for an hour...came home, took a shower, and noticed a rash in my torso area.....

went to our clinic to get it checked out....the nurse had a good laugh 😕 ....gave me benadryl spray and sent me home

this happen to someone else?

You have 1 month to live, spend it wisely.
 
some get it from nitrile, some from latex, some from embalming fluid. Try to eliminate each one as a possible cause.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I became bug-eyed during my semester of gross anatomy. I developed rashes around my eyes and on my face, I think from the constant fumes of leaning over the cadaver.......man I don't miss those days at all!! 😱
 
thanks for the Rohen suggestion.....but with my inability to go 2D to 3D, I'd fail my practical like no other if i stopped going to lab....the rash is getting better...but i hope it wasn't from some bug bites!

latex is ruled out for sure....the rash is nowhere near my hands...more around the waist....how do i know if its from the nitrile or embalming fluid...actually...what are those? 😕

urgh! i hate this....
 
I had a rash running up both arms throughout anatomy, had to be some chemical they used, I dont have any problems with latex or nitrile gloves.
 
Nitrile is the chemical typically used to make "latex-free gloves". They are often purple or blue in color.

A girl in our class had developed a latex allergy in gross lab. I don't know all the details, but she had to use a full "haz-mat suit" with a respirator for the rest of the lab, in addition to the entire lab being made "latex-free".
 
saanjana said:
hey guys, as gross as this sounds....I got a rash from anatomy lab :scared:

...took a shower, and noticed a rash in my torso area.....

The rash is caused by rubbing the affected area on the cadavers 😀
 
I had a rash once... oh did I say that out loud? 😀 If your schhol is anything like mine, then no expense is spared for student safety. I mean they spend nothing.