Anyone get an interview with a highly variable MCAT score ?

FreeMeDoctor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2007
Status
I got a 13 PS, 11VS, 8 BS for a total 32. I know the score is pretty good but the variability is great. Anyone else have this kind of variability and get an interview ?

Moderator = this is an interview question not an MCAT question. Please dont move it to another thread. Thanks.

About the Ads

MassTransport

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2007
Status
Medical Student
I keep hearing that you'll get some leeway with the VR score if English wasn't your first language.

almo88

double frick
10+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2007
Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
Status
Pre-Medical
I got a 13 PS, 11VS, 8 BS for a total 32. I know the score is pretty good but the variability is great. Anyone else have this kind of variability and get an interview ?

Moderator = this is an interview question not an MCAT question. Please dont move it to another thread. Thanks.
Isn't this your 5th thread (maybe more) that you've posted today? Calm down, make one thread with all these questions. You can do it :thumbup:

Good Luck though!

Picklesali

M2
10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2007
Status
MD/PhD Student
Well, I have no authority whatsoever - feel free to ignore... but I think low verbal scores are more common and easily forgivable if the composite score is good overall. I think a lower science score is more of a red flag. That being said, I do have friends who have now matriculated with a 9 in a science and an overall score lower than yours. If the rest of your app rocks - you probably have a decent shot at interviews.

TrixR4Kids

10+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
14 BS 8 V 11 PS (WS = S).

Biomed. Eng undergrad with cum 3.7 GPA at top 20 school.

Secondaries from all (+ wake and vandy) - interviews at vandy, Wake, ohio state so far. was complete about three weeks ago.

my verbal score was incredibly low, though; so it will probably hit me really hard post-interview when compared to other applicants.

SpartanBlueJay2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2007
OH
Status
Medical Student
14 BS 8 V 11 PS (WS = S).

Biomed. Eng undergrad with cum 3.7 GPA at top 20 school.

Secondaries from all (+ wake and vandy) - interviews at vandy, Wake, ohio state so far. was complete about three weeks ago.

my verbal score was incredibly low, though; so it will probably hit me really hard post-interview when compared to other applicants.
I received interviews at Case Western and Toledo with my first MCAT score, similar to TrixR4Kids's score (11 PS, 7 VR, 14 BS) and also did not have that killer WS score to offset the VR (I had a P on WS). I have since retaken and improved VR to 10, which should help post-interview, but just wanted to say that it is possible to get interviews at good schools with an unbalanced score.

About the Ads

n1k16

10+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2007
Status
13 ps 7 verbal 12 bio:32R
7 interviews: drexel, albany, UIC, rosalind franklin, wayne state, Boston U, tulane
Illinois resident
3.75 science GPA

BigRedPremed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical

Haven't been asked about it so far at any of my interviews.

bioteach

MSIV
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2007
Status
Medical Student
13BS, 12VR, 8PS One MD interview so far.

fiji

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2006
WA
Status
Pre-Medical
10P 7V 12B = 29Q with 4 interviews so far all out of state

About the Ads