Anyone get an interview with a highly variable MCAT score ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreeMeDoctor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a 13 PS, 11VS, 8 BS for a total 32. I know the score is pretty good but the variability is great. Anyone else have this kind of variability and get an interview ?

Moderator = this is an interview question not an MCAT question. Please dont move it to another thread. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

12, 7V, 12 and 2 interviews so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
13BS, 13PS, 8 V (WS:R)

6 Interview invites total so far.

I keep hearing that you'll get some leeway with the VR score if English wasn't your first language.

I got a 13 PS, 11VS, 8 BS for a total 32. I know the score is pretty good but the variability is great. Anyone else have this kind of variability and get an interview ?

Moderator = this is an interview question not an MCAT question. Please dont move it to another thread. Thanks.

Isn't this your 5th thread (maybe more) that you've posted today? Calm down, make one thread with all these questions. You can do it :thumbup:

Good Luck though!

Well, I have no authority whatsoever - feel free to ignore... but I think low verbal scores are more common and easily forgivable if the composite score is good overall. I think a lower science score is more of a red flag. That being said, I do have friends who have now matriculated with a 9 in a science and an overall score lower than yours. If the rest of your app rocks - you probably have a decent shot at interviews.

14 BS 8 V 11 PS (WS = S).

Biomed. Eng undergrad with cum 3.7 GPA at top 20 school.

Secondaries from all (+ wake and vandy) - interviews at vandy, Wake, ohio state so far. was complete about three weeks ago.

my verbal score was incredibly low, though; so it will probably hit me really hard post-interview when compared to other applicants.

14 BS 8 V 11 PS (WS = S).

Biomed. Eng undergrad with cum 3.7 GPA at top 20 school.

Secondaries from all (+ wake and vandy) - interviews at vandy, Wake, ohio state so far. was complete about three weeks ago.

my verbal score was incredibly low, though; so it will probably hit me really hard post-interview when compared to other applicants.

I received interviews at Case Western and Toledo with my first MCAT score, similar to TrixR4Kids's score (11 PS, 7 VR, 14 BS) and also did not have that killer WS score to offset the VR (I had a P on WS). I have since retaken and improved VR to 10, which should help post-interview, but just wanted to say that it is possible to get interviews at good schools with an unbalanced score.

Members don't see this ad :)
11B 7P 11V

4 interviews

10V 9P 13B NWS received an invite from cincinnati and even passed Wake's screening

13 ps 7 verbal 12 bio:32R
7 interviews: drexel, albany, UIC, rosalind franklin, wayne state, Boston U, tulane
Illinois resident
3.75 science GPA

Haven't been asked about it so far at any of my interviews.

13BS, 12VR, 8PS One MD interview so far.

10P 7V 12B = 29Q with 4 interviews so far all out of state

VR-14
BS-10
PS-8
I've gotten 3 interviews, one rejection (Georgetown). It also depends on your ECs, GPA, & app.