-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anyone get interviews with a sub-90 PCAT?
Started by crossjb
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
crossjb said:I received my January PCAT results today: Composite 84. I did okay on Quantitative Ability 96, but never prepped for the biology/chemistry portions of the exam (64 and 73 respectively) and was stunned by my low Verbal Ability (68) and Reading Comprehension scores (80). I'm not planning on applying to any pharmacy schools until the fall, and will retake the test in June, but can an 84 still get me an interview w/some schools outside the Caribbean?
I had three interviews, waitlisted at two schools, and accepted to one with an 84 PCAT. 👍
no worries..i had a 73% pcat score *shrugs* and i got about 7 interviews already...maybe it didn't mean as much at those schools? my gpa was not even close to being stellar either so just kick butt on the essays. 😛 good luck to you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lgooden said:I got an 83 the 1st time with a 96 in math too. I have gotten interviews at 5 schools so far w/o a super early app and w/o a very high gpa. I wish I had submitted things earlier though...
lgooden -- that's cool to know. I saw you rocked the PCAT the second time around! When would you recommend sending in everything and when is the earliest I can apply for fall 2006 admittance consideration? Any general advice is greatly appreciated.
Hello
I have a GPA of only 2.58 and plan to increase it a bit with about 16 units of my pre-req classes.
With a reasonable PCAT score and personal statement, do you think I have a chance of getting into a school or should I find a new mean of making a living?
Appreciate your honest opinions. 😕
I have a GPA of only 2.58 and plan to increase it a bit with about 16 units of my pre-req classes.
With a reasonable PCAT score and personal statement, do you think I have a chance of getting into a school or should I find a new mean of making a living?
Appreciate your honest opinions. 😕
Rxdream said:Hello
I have a GPA of only 2.58 and plan to increase it a bit with about 16 units of my pre-req classes.
With a reasonable PCAT score and personal statement, do you think I have a chance of getting into a school or should I find a new mean of making a living?
Appreciate your honest opinions. 😕
IMHO, in order to be a confident & competitive applicant, you need some serious work to do to raise your GPA. Not only above 3.0 is must in most cases, but to be absolutely competive you need at least above 3.3.
Rxdream said:Hello
I have a GPA of only 2.58 and plan to increase it a bit with about 16 units of my pre-req classes.
With a reasonable PCAT score and personal statement, do you think I have a chance of getting into a school or should I find a new mean of making a living?
Appreciate your honest opinions. 😕
You definitely should bring up your GPA. Try completing your B.A./B.S. to increase your competitiveness.
crossjb said:When would you recommend sending in everything and when is the earliest I can apply for fall 2006 admittance consideration? Any general advice is greatly appreciated.
As SOON as you are able. If you are applying to PharmCAS schools, apply in June. Get all of your letters of recommendation, your PCAT score(s), and transcripts ready in the summer.
FutureRxGal said:As SOON as you are able. If you are applying to PharmCAS schools, apply in June. Get all of your letters of recommendation, your PCAT score(s), and transcripts ready in the summer.
Will do -- thanks for the advice and congrats on being accepted!
That's got to be the best feeling in the world knowing you're part of an admitted class. 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 9K