-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anyone get into UCSF or USC with a few cc classes???
Started by NSAID01
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
nevermind I found the answer. If anyone is interested :
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=7463844#post7463844
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=7463844#post7463844
hahaha that got me all scareed for a second
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey-
Do you know anyone who got accepted into UCSF or USC with a few cc classes???
I took some CC classes after my BA (non science) and was wondering if I should retake these classes or not?
Thanks😳
Yup. I think I took like 5 CC classes. All non science.
There are some folks that have a complete pre-requisite portfolio from a CC at UCSF. As long as the grades are sterling, there won't be a problem.
I have a friend who's a P3 at UCSF and he got in solely on CC classes. All of the prereqs were A's though. Also had some 3 years of pharmacy tech experience.
Also, he had no Bachelors degree. So it's possible.
No BA AND all CC classes... Damn, talk about a golden goose.
What's really amazing is that his wife had the same stats. Only CC and no bachelor's degree and also got admitted the next year. So, its totally possible.
wow, you don't see that everyday, a husband and his wife at the same school- very impressive..
wow, you don't see that everyday, a husband and his wife at the same school- very impressive..
I think it'd drive me crazy if I had my wife in my classes.
Maybe during the honeymoon phase but we're in year 4 going on 5, so class together every day just sounds not fun.
no problems here either, took 5 classes at CC
I don't think it matters much really. I took some classes in the summer in my local cc in the bay area (DVC) and UCSF and USC are totally cool with it.
Were they science classes??
no problems here either, took 5 classes at CC
were they science classes??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were they science classes??
Nope. All are social science craps.
Hey-
Do you know anyone who got accepted into UCSF or USC with a few cc classes???
I took some CC classes after my BA (non science) and was wondering if I should retake these classes or not?
Thanks😳
yup, I retook intro to molecular/cell bio, intro to organismal bio, organic chem, and took physiology and anatomy (technically not required, but required to take phys) at CC San Francisco and Canada College.
Took GChem I/II, OChem I/II, Calc I/II, Physics I/II, Anat/Phys, Bio I/II, and most other prereqs at CC.
Ended up with a BS in BioChem though, so I figure they knew I could handle pharm school despite all the CC classes.
Ended up with a BS in BioChem though, so I figure they knew I could handle pharm school despite all the CC classes.
the sci classes were physio, microbio
I think it'd drive me crazy if I had my wife in my classes.
Maybe during the honeymoon phase but we're in year 4 going on 5, so class together every day just sounds not fun.
What would be funny is if they had decided to go on their honeymoon during rotations.. "Honey, how bout we kick it right here at CVS...."
Similar threads
- Question
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K