anyone going to UERM for 2007?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiring doctor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone going to UERM for 2007? or la salle dasma for med? looking for possible classmates..:)

Members don't see this ad.

I am also trying to apply to UERM- they are already realeasing their applications- costs 700 Php for local applicants my sister says

Members don't see this ad :)
i am also applying for admission to uerm. :D

where u guys from? are u guys also foreigners? i'm from canada..why'd u guys choose UERM? i haven't applied yet.i'll probably do it when i get back in feb..do u think that wud be too late?

where u guys from? are u guys also foreigners? i'm from canada..why'd u guys choose UERM? i haven't applied yet.i'll probably do it when i get back in feb..do u think that wud be too late?

UERM has a deadline for documents/etc. on Jan 12,2007. So try as best as you can to submit everything as soon as you can.

Heres the link: http://www.education.uerm.ph/index.php?fid=medicine-info01

Btw im from the states. I will be applying too in Dec.

I'm a Filipino- other than my sister being there, its the top 3 school on my list. Nice education, average scale tuition. Please submit all your required forms at least before december- maybe itll be too late by february.

i'm a filipino too. :D

i considered applying for admission to uerm because, aside from the quality education they offer, i have lots of schoolmates (from college) there. :D babaw ba? hehehe.

uh oh!!! i haven't taken the NMAT yet.. i plan in april! does u guys know if that will be possible.. are they really that strict with admission?

uh oh!!! i haven't taken the NMAT yet.. i plan in april! does u guys know if that will be possible.. are they really that strict with admission?

It really depends on what school you plan to apply to. The latest one can submit NMATs for UST Class 2007 is Dec of this year (according to the office when I called). I dont know about the other schools. But if you are sure u will apply and will enroll if accepted for June 2007, its best to take the NMAT by Dec to be on the safe side. Not sure if the other schools accept April of the same year NMATs. Call the school you are interested to find out.

well i'm just interested in going to UERM or la salle actually.. since both allow clerkship in the US..i hope i still hav a chance applying to UERM...

I got some question about admission for foreign student:
1. For the admission form, can it be downloaded from the net? Coz i check, they have it in their website. Or should i buy them from the university?:confused:

2. In the procedure that i found in their website, only the transcript of record should be authenticated by the embasy. :( But in the NMAT booklet, the procedure included some other documents to be authenticated.
So my question is what document should be authenticated at the embasy according the latest admission procedure of UERM?

I would be very greatful if there is someone may answer and help me out here. Thanks.:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
m applying for uermmmc. sana maka lusot! hehehe
other schools: ust and feu.

is feu really that far from the city? some friends call it "farview".
is nmat really a brain frying test??

i hope i get a hight percentile rank this dec. anybody else here taking the nmat this dec? :)

Me too!! I hope to get into UERM, I've already started asking people about housing in that area. I've heard a lot of good things and their clinical rotations in the US definately is an added bonus. I'm also applying to other schools (namely ST. Luke's, UST and La Salle) but UERM is my top choice. Just submit all your applications well before the deadline.

Goodluck to us all!!!

And hopefully we'll see each other on campus come June!!!

m applying for uermmmc. sana maka lusot! hehehe
other schools: ust and feu.

is feu really that far from the city? some friends call it "farview".
is nmat really a brain frying test??

i hope i get a hight percentile rank this dec. anybody else here taking the nmat this dec? :)
The main campus of FEU is located about 10 mins. from the Malacañang Palace. However, the university moved the college of medicine to Fairview in 2002 (I think) which is about an hour or so away. Fairview is a part of Quezon City so in that respect it is still within the city.

I've heard different things about the NMAT. Some say that it is relatively easy as compared to the MCAT. The NMAT is a test for how well you've prepared ourself during college and relies mostly on memorization. The MCAT is more analytical and tests how well you understand the material being tested. For me the later was easier than the former, but then again that's just me. Besides being a fresh graduate really helps because that material is still "fresh in your head" so to speak.

I hope this helps!!

Goodluck to you!!

what do u hav to ride to get to FEu? mrt or LRT? how about UERm? where is it near and what do u hav to ride?
anyone know what exactly the topics to review for Nmat are?
still undecided where to go to skul...

what do u hav to ride to get to FEu? mrt or LRT? how about UERm? where is it near and what do u hav to ride?
anyone know what exactly the topics to review for Nmat are?
still undecided where to go to skul...
where would you be coming from? are you in manila already?

actually i'm still in canada right now, but i'l be coming from cavite. tagaytay city to be exact so i guess from baclaran where do i go to get to UERM or FEu and which university would be more farther.

actually i'm still in canada right now, but i'l be coming from cavite. tagaytay city to be exact so i guess from baclaran where do i go to get to UERM or FEu and which university would be more farther.

Take a jeep or any ride to Baclaran station of LRT line 1 to Monumento

Step off at Doroteo Jose Station then ride the LRT line 2 and step off at V. Mapa station

You will have to walk about a block or so up to UERMMMC

Do bring an umbrella and a good body bag as the environment there is not that nice (literally and figuratively)

Am not really sure with FEU but its somewhere in Quezon City already (near the junction of Caloocan North and Quezon City- do buy a map). FEU is farther than UERM from Baclaran/ Cavite Area not to mention the hassles of traffic. Believe me, its a very tiring journey to FEU.

to FEU, that's gonna be a long ride if you're coming from Tagaytay... about 2.5 hours if you drive... 3.5 if you take the public transpo.

1) take any ride to Baclaran, get into aircon buses that are bound to SM-Fairview/Fairview Caltex/Tungko.. stop at Fairview Caltex... ride a tricycle to FEU

2) take the MRT from any station from Taft... then alight at Quezon Avenue Station... ride FX (Toyota FX AUV) bound to SM-Fairview... stop at Fairview Caltex... ride a tricycle to FEU

i suggest that you rent a place in the city, instead. God Bless.:)

Just wandering. Is there any Indonesian taking Med Skul at UERM? alot?

I’m as ecstatic as ever!

Its official … I got into UERM, so, yay me!! I’m getting giddy just thinking about med-school ;) :p :D !! I’m looking forward to knowing who my classmates would be for 2007. So let us know ASAP. I hope to see some of you guys in Manila before school starts!

========

Is there anyone thinking about living at robbinsdale, just out of curiosity ...

I’m as ecstatic as ever!

Its official … I got into UERM, so, yay me!! I’m getting giddy just thinking about med-school ;) :p :D !! I’m looking forward to knowing who my classmates would be for 2007. So let us know ASAP. I hope to see some of you guys in Manila before school starts!

========

Is there anyone thinking about living at robbinsdale, just out of curiosity ...

Tatagalugin na kita
>Okay ka naman siguro pag dating sa lenguahe diba? Baka maging pahirap sayo
>Pahirapan daw sa UERM, sasalaain ka nila- maghahati hati kayo sa isang cadaver (ayon sa sister ko)
>Mausad mo lang ang first year mo, okay na- ano ba premed mo?
>Congrats sa pagpunta mo sa UERM- baka maging magkaklase tayo

did they (uerm) already release a partial list of accepted applicants? because i haven't submitted my application form yet. hehehe.

Good Day!

I'm just reviving this thread, I'm wondering the status of everyone here, are you still coming to UERM? Likewise for other coming UERM freshmen for 2007. Hope I'm not stepping on the other UE 2007 forums.

Are there also Fil-Ams who have considered going here? Since in 2006 there were a lot. Also for locals, let's also have a headcount.

I'm coming to UERM this year. So June 4 is our first day right?
Casual/Civilian clothes? Are we going straight to classrooms or Covered Courts first? And is it 7am start? So it's still July that we are going to wear our uniform?

And for the people from UERM, what usually happens on the first day, first week and the coming weeks? Sorry just wonderin coz classes are already on Monday.

Thanks thanks!

Good Day!
I'm coming to UERM this year. So June 4 is our first day right?
Casual/Civilian clothes? Are we going straight to classrooms or Covered Courts first? And is it 7am start? So it's still July that we are going to wear our uniform?

And for the people from UERM, what usually happens on the first day, first week and the coming weeks? Sorry just wonderin coz classes are already on Monday.

Thanks thanks!

Casual/civilian clothes on the first day til end of June. By July you should wear your uniforms already. I'm not sure if they changed it these past few years.

Go straight to the covered bball court for the mass, welcome ceremonies, recognition of freshmen scholars, etc. afterwards, proceed to the announced venue for your lectures. You can check the bulletin board (for your year level) at the ground floor of JMC building (in front of the bball court) for your sked.

Since it's back to traditional curriculum, you'll most likely have lectures on the first day, maybe even pop quizzes depending on the lecturer.

Study everyday. Good luck!

Just wandering. Is there any Indonesian taking Med Skul at UERM? alot?

A lot of Indonesians take their residency in UERM. Very few (if any) go into the college of medicine.

hi specie! i'm glad you posted that message! i'm also an incoming med freshie and i'm honestly not yet ready that classes would be starting next week unlike other schools, but i sure am excited :)

thanks marblesmd for your response :) would the first day start at 7am or 8am? someone told me that we will be given 2 weeks to wear casual/civilian clothes, though i also heard we're given until july, hehe.

only a few days left to relax!

Thank you very much marblesmd and medicine07! :)

And i just called the registrar's office, they said it's gonna be 8am for Monday. Yey we're nearly set :)

Good luck to all those going to UERM this year! I graduated from there and took my internship there a few years ago. It was hard but I had fun (since it's walking distance from a big mall, haha!)

To those asking, I've had Indonesian Residents there but few students.

Specie: Usually casual clothes are worn the 1st month of classes then the uniforms after that. First day- orientation, faculty introductions, blah, blah then a tour of the campus.

hi everyone! i'm a newbie here.

welcome to the incoming freshmen! congrats for being accepted at UERM!:)

i'm an incoming 3rd yr med student at UERM.

advices on your first day:

* bring a fan - the gym would be crowded and it would be really hot.
* wear comfy clothes.
* bring umbrella - just in case. it's kinda rainy lately.
* attend the orientation- its boring but helpful! plus its time to mingle with your classmates!

--> i'll be going there later today to enroll, i'll ask around on what's going to happen on your first day. i might even volunteer for the tour. (oh yes! there would be a campus tour) i'll post another msg when it get back!

ei there fellow med batchmates and schoolmates. ^_^ i also enrolled at uerm. pretty hyped up. c u all on monday. :D

Gee... monday is soOoo SOON! anyone coming from section 1B... would love to hear from you guys! :D feel free to YM me: ghel172000 ...

:)

mmu addict: Thanks mmu addict!

mayness: Thanks! i hope we'll see you in the campus tour. :)

Good luck to us on Monday isah14 and Kranchybaby. :)

:)

mmu addict: Thanks mmu addict!

mayness: Thanks! i hope we'll see you in the campus tour. :)

Good luck to us on Monday isah14 and Kranchybaby. :)

thanks specie! gudluck to all of us!:hardy:

can anyone tell me how's the sked in UERMMC now? do u classes during saturdays?

> ROOM FOR RENT
>
1 LARGE ROOM ideal for 2 to
> 3 persons (3.10m x 3.50m), NEWLY
> RENOVATED
>
>
> No curfew; Own keys to main door and
> bedroom; No landlord on site
>
>
>
> Includes: Hot shower, new
> refrigerator, electricity, water, big
> sala, kitchen, dining room, bathroom,
> laundry area
>
> Location: 20 Mapagmahal Street;
> near GMA, ABS-CBN, EDSA, Kamias and
> East Avenue; Quiet location, easy
> access to public transportation, and
> convenient stores
>
> P6,800.00/month; one-month deposit
> required
>
contact EVA at [email protected] or NIKOS at 0915-786-2536

me too..i wasn't able to take the NMAT last december but i applied in UERM.i plan to take it this april..i hope they are not that strict coz i haven't applied to other med school..:mad:

hello, i applied at UERM but i didnt make it to the first list of accepted applicants. they told me to wait for the next list if i'm still interested.

is there actually a "next" list? or are they like saying to wait for anybody to drop-out from the first list?

im really disaapointed at myself cause this is really important to me... what do i do now? please give me some advice... thankyou so, so much..pls, pls, pls respond..anyone...

i sounds like your premed is bsn coz ur name has an rnmd. am i Ryt?

just try to wait. who knows you might get accepted in the later part of the month. but while waiting you must work your application to the other med school of your choice so that you will have your "plan b".

hi. i need some NON-biase advice from you guys. i have been accepted at uerm and feu-nrmf. but i don't know what to choose. i know that both med schools are "really very good" but i believe one is mor supreme over the other. which school is it and why.your advice will be highly appreciated.

between feu-nrmf and uerm, which is more prestigious? which school is more Technologically advance? Which school is more intellectual? and which school has higher percentage of passing rate in terms of board exam during the past consecutive years? help me please... tnx

between feu-nrmf and uerm, which is more prestigious? which school is more Technologically advance? Which school is more intellectual? and which school has higher percentage of passing rate in terms of board exam during the past consecutive years? help me please... tnx
Prestige- about equal
Technology- FEU has slightly better facilities and newly renovated units
Intellectual- about the same
Passing rate- FEU has slight edge although UERM is improving especially first-time takers.

tantrum,
thanks a lot. your msg implies that feu is a little bit better than uerm. i think ill choose feu. tantrum, some say that feu students are a little bit rascals? is that true with their medical students? are uerm's medical students more disciplined than feu-nrmf's? thanks for the advice.

tantrum,
thanks a lot. your msg implies that feu is a little bit better than uerm. i think ill choose feu. tantrum, some say that feu students are a little bit rascals? is that true with their medical students? are uerm's medical students more disciplined than feu-nrmf's? thanks for the advice.
FEU might be a better fit for you but you can find rascals in all schools:laugh:
I have a vibe from some FEU students and alumni that FEU is a little more cutthroat in competition and in the past they tend to "weed" a lot of students but that might have changed as they have fewer enrollees.

tantrum,
maybe ur a ust fms grad. but if you are in my shoes, what school will you choose? feu-nrmf or uerm?