Anyone has applied to UHCO, UIWRSO or Nova?

Started by Andesha
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Andesha

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just applied to these 3 schools but have no hope of getting any interview 🙁 and was wondering if anyone has applied with similar stats. Also if you know any school that accepts low OAT please let me know so I can apply to those hoping I get an interview.
Took OAT twice and didn't do well 2nd time AA280/TS290. (highest Bio- 350 & lowest CR-240) GPA: 3.45. Total-experience: 1,120 hours including shadowing, volunteering, and 8 hours opto tech. Apart from that 3 years of medical assistant experience and lots of volunteer experience at the hospitals and community service.
I also think about applying to Salus, SCO, MCPHS, Chicago College of Optometry and Western University but I am not sure if I should apply or not I feel like I would be wasting money & none will accept me with this stat and applying late🙁

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Hey, I'm just a student applying but I think with your experience and GPA that hope isn't lost. I feel like some schools may ask you to retake the OAT, but I wouldn't exactly call this point of the application cycle late. Applying early betters your chances.
Also, check the admissions statistics of each school to see which ones have lower OAT score acceptance rates--
In 2017 the Chicago College of optometry admitted an AA of 311 and TS of 303, for example, if I'm looking correctly.
I'd also contact the schools you've applied to and see what they say 🙂
 
Hey, I'm just a student applying but I think with your experience and GPA that hope isn't lost. I feel like some schools may ask you to retake the OAT, but I wouldn't exactly call this point of the application cycle late. Applying early betters your chances.
Also, check the admissions statistics of each school to see which ones have lower OAT score acceptance rates--
In 2017 the Chicago College of optometry admitted an AA of 311 and TS of 303, for example, if I'm looking correctly.
I'd also contact the schools you've applied to and see what they say 🙂
Thank you so much for your time. I share the link below maybe it will help you but thank you for your help.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just applied to these 3 schools but have no hope of getting any interview 🙁 and was wondering if anyone has applied with similar stats. Also if you know any school that accepts low OAT please let me know so I can apply to those hoping I get an interview.
Took OAT twice and didn't do well 2nd time AA280/TS290. (highest Bio- 350 & lowest CR-240) GPA: 3.45. Total-experience: 1,120 hours including shadowing, volunteering, and 8 hours opto tech. Apart from that 3 years of medical assistant experience and lots of volunteer experience at the hospitals and community service.
I also think about applying to Salus, SCO, MCPHS, Chicago College of Optometry and Western University but I am not sure if I should apply or not I feel like I would be wasting money & none will accept me with this stat and applying late🙁

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Any updates
 
Salus asked me to retake OAT SCO asked the same thing via email and none of the other schools called for an interview yet. I recently got accepted to CCO and have an interview with KYCO.
Congrats. I’m in a similar situation but I’m afraid I’ll have to retake. Even with 10 years experience.
 
Ok so I got accepted to KYCO as well and now I am debating whether to go to KYCO or CCO and it's a hard one. Does anyone have any advice?
 
Ok so I got accepted to KYCO as well and now I am debating whether to go to KYCO or CCO and it's a hard one. Does anyone have any advice?
Which schools did you apply too? I wish you luck and anywhere you do go, you'll be a great optometrist!