You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anyone have any recs for portable anesthesia machines?
Started by Ignatius J
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Definitely billing a general on that one.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted87051
How portable? For what use?
We use these on mission trips. I’ve been told they were custom fabricated based on a design used by Interplast.
It’s basically the same as this...
We use these on mission trips. I’ve been told they were custom fabricated based on a design used by Interplast.
It’s basically the same as this...
Avante Health Solutions: Medical Equipment Services & Products
Avante Health Solutions provides premium medical equipment services and products, making them affordable for hospitals and clinics. Get in touch with us.
Avante Transport 5000 Plus Portable Anesthesia Machine
Medical Equipment | Avante Transport 5000 Plus
I personally have the VS02 but I use nitrous. Oceanic Magellan is military grade so probably more rugged.
What features do you want? Nitrous? Air? Vent? Low flow? 1 vaporizer ok?
Definitely vent. It would be for office-based anesthesia. Nitrous/air/vaporizer capability is good but may just do a TIVA. Would like closed-system capability.
It would be for a moonlighting deal. There is a lot of coin on the table in my area at these office-based surgeries for plastics, dental, and other specialties.
I’m getting older and slower. If I built up a regular schedule and could kiss more 3am AAA calls goodbye, it would be nice. But just in the beginning parts of probing.
I don’t think there is one machine that does it all. The Oceanic Magellan is the only one with an option for an integrated ventilator I believe. You can buy a separate ventilator for the DRE VS02. Most of the vents are going to be crude and pneumatic so its gonna eat up your oxygen supply. VS02 is the only one with nitrous which is good for peds and dental. Dental offices vary in what gas supplies they have. They may have oxygen and nitrous plumbed in to the wall. They might just have E cylinders. They will not have air so that is something to consider.Definitely vent. It would be for office-based anesthesia. Nitrous/air/vaporizer capability is good but may just do a TIVA. Would like closed-system capability.
It would be for a moonlighting deal. There is a lot of coin on the table in my area at these office-based surgeries for plastics, dental, and other specialties.
I’m getting older and slower. If I built up a regular schedule and could kiss more 3am AAA calls goodbye, it would be nice. But just in the beginning parts of probing.
If you get yourself Dodge cargo van, I’m sure just about any anesthesia machine will fit in there.
There’s also the Narkomed
avantehs.com
Seems to have all the features but its less portable
Used Drager Narkomed M Mobile Anesthesia Machine
Avante sources and refurbishes used Drager Narkomed M ( Mobile ) Anesthesia Machines, call our experts about availability and details.
I’m not in the market myself, but would be curious to know roughly how much each of these is going for… $5000? $10,000? $50,000?
Thanks in![]()
D
deleted87051
These have been linked before but here are some “how to” videos.
I paid around 8700USD in 2010 for the DRE VSO2. Not sure about current pricesI’m not in the market myself, but would be curious to know roughly how much each of these is going for… $5000? $10,000? $50,000?
Can't you get a mindray vent for ~10k?
edit: yes you can: mindray anesthesia machine, mindray anesthesia machine Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com
edit: yes you can: mindray anesthesia machine, mindray anesthesia machine Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which one were you looking at?Can't you get a mindray vent for ~10k?
edit: yes you can: mindray anesthesia machine, mindray anesthesia machine Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com
none in particular but i think a brand new A5 is like 15kWhich one were you looking at?
D
deleted87051
Can't you get a mindray vent for ~10k?
edit: yes you can: mindray anesthesia machine, mindray anesthesia machine Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com
Damn. Used ones are $1500.
but in china... + shipping and taxes... but still cheap for a full machineDamn. Used ones are $1500.
Which one’s that?Damn. Used ones are $1500.
D
deleted87051
Which one’s that?
Among others...
D
deleted162650
Things I don’t want to hear before my surgery:
“Hey, we just got a great deal on this Chinese anesthesia machine from the outlet!”
“Hey, we just got a great deal on this Chinese anesthesia machine from the outlet!”
... Even came with a 30 day worry free guarantee, but you’d have to pay return shipping.
I wonder if its FDA approved?Among others...
Jeez, just watch...you buy it...its actually a toy model. I do dream about getting my own portable anesthesia machine. A portable surgical suite on one of those modified leisure vans outfitted with a generator for power, few large O2 tanks, anesthesia machine, OR lights.......nah...too much work. Honestly a propofol pump and portable ventilator will probably be more space saving.Among others...
TIVA is more portable but its nice to have options. If you are doing peds, vapour is certainly convenient unless you want to give every kid an IM.Jeez, just watch...you buy it...its actually a toy model. I do dream about getting my own portable anesthesia machine. A portable surgical suite on one of those modified leisure vans outfitted with a generator for power, few large O2 tanks, anesthesia machine, OR lights.......nah...too much work. Honestly a propofol pump and portable ventilator will probably be more space saving.
I paid around 8700USD in 2010 for the DRE VSO2. Not sure about current prices
I was quoted $10K for the Avante VS02.
Can't you get a mindray vent for ~10k?
edit: yes you can: mindray anesthesia machine, mindray anesthesia machine Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com
Wow. That’s awesome. How do they deliver that I wonder? Haha.
Jeez, just watch...you buy it...its actually a toy model. I do dream about getting my own portable anesthesia machine. A portable surgical suite on one of those modified leisure vans outfitted with a generator for power, few large O2 tanks, anesthesia machine, OR lights.......nah...too much work. Honestly a propofol pump and portable ventilator will probably be more space saving.
Honestly, anesthesiologists owning the assets gives leverage and flexibility to the specialty, provided corners aren’t cut and vigilance is maintained. I do a lot of surgeries where patients are charged a hospital facility fee to essentially use an anesthesia machine. It doesn’t have to be that way.
D
deleted87051
Honestly, anesthesiologists owning the assets gives leverage and flexibility to the specialty, provided corners aren’t cut and vigilance is maintained. I do a lot of surgeries where patients are charged a hospital facility fee to essentially use an anesthesia machine. It doesn’t have to be that way.
Back in the Wild West 1990’s, some practices (Allied in Orange County and Carson City group) required that you buy your own machines and carts. You could set them up however you liked and you wheeled all the gear from room to room between cases.
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There’s also the Narkomed
Seems to have all the features but its less portableUsed Drager Narkomed M Mobile Anesthesia Machine
Avante sources and refurbishes used Drager Narkomed M ( Mobile ) Anesthesia Machines, call our experts about availability and details.avantehs.com
Used one of those deployed on an aircraft carrier in 2000. Very compact and space-efficient. Took care of business with no issues.
It would be my choice for office based with a ‘parked’ machine that I wouldn’t have to carryUsed one of those deployed on an aircraft carrier in 2000. Very compact and space-efficient. Took care of business with no issues.
I paid 11900 for my 1st one in 2007I was quoted $10K for the Avante VS02.
Resurrecting this thread
Anyone doing office based dental gigs with just propofol tiva and a Jackson Rees?
Or all y'all splurging 10k for a ventilator?
Anyone doing office based dental gigs with just propofol tiva and a Jackson Rees?
Or all y'all splurging 10k for a ventilator?
Could it be done? I guess. But I wouldn’t compromise.Resurrecting this thread
Anyone doing office based dental gigs with just propofol tiva and a Jackson Rees?
Or all y'all splurging 10k for a ventilator?
I do office based dental and use the DRE VSO2 machine as mentioned above. I always worry about conserving oxygen as its not an ‘endless’ supply like in a hospital. Ive never been to an office that has medical air plumbed. You’re going to need pretty high flows of oxygen with a Jackson Reese to minimize rebreathing. Its nice to be able to use low flows, air (if available), nitrous (if you so choose) , vapour (if you so choose). A ventilator is always nice but I would also recommend a piston driven one that doesn’t consume O2.
If you’re planning on intubating than you are looking at an anesthesia machine along with at least 1 infusion pump and a video laryngoscope. Bonus points for a ventilator
Hold up, surely you guys wouldn't consider anesthetising a human possibly a child in a dental office with something bought off alibaba?Can't you get a mindray vent for ~10k?
edit: yes you can: mindray anesthesia machine, mindray anesthesia machine Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com
I dabbled in dental anesthesia, money was OK but risks were too high for me... I'd take the 3am AAA any day
Children are small animals…Hold up, surely you guys wouldn't consider anesthetising a human possibly a child in a dental office with something bought off alibaba?
I dabbled in dental anesthesia, money was OK but risks were too high for me... I'd take the 3am AAA any day
Children are small animals…
Not always small though
True enough! Some big dogs out there too🤷♂️. Should be good up to the size of a mastiff with a normal bmiNot always small though
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 569
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 500
- Replies
- 26
- Views
- 1K