Anyone have examples of good LORs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myst

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the person who I am asking knows how to properly write one lol :p

Members don't see this ad.

there should be a tips and guidelines sheet at your school, check it out...

they normally want things like: how hard was the class, how well you did compared to the other students, how well you did compared to students of your major, are you fit for med school, etc.

anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
the only good LOR is one that concerns your characteristics that make you a good candidate for medical school. they usually go:

hi i'm so and so and i am recommending myst for medical school. myst has worked with me blah blah blah been in my class blah blah blah and received blah grade.

myst has demonstrated that she is blah blah blah. and blah for 5 more sentences.

i recommend myst without any reservation and feel that she'll be an asset to your medical school blah blah blah.

sincerely

dr what's his face.

Not only is this information important, but you also need to tell the author of your LOR what these people are telling you. In fact, you should type it out and print them a sheet. Maybe even tape it up to the side of their computer monitors in their offices.