anyone have trouble with burning goljan to a cd/ipod

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lakersfan

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got the goljan audio set off ebay and it works on my cpu. However, when I tried burning it to a cd or transferring it to my ipod it didn't work (it wouldnt burn to the cd and on the ipod it transferrs but never shows up). I have a feeling it may be something with the file compression...8mb for a 50 minute lecture seems too smile. Is there a way to make this work since I know people are transferring these files to their ipods? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The files sizes are small because the bitrates are low. Mine are the same size, and they work fine on my mp3 player. Not sure why you can't burn to CD, that doesn't really make sense.

I had a similar problem. There are 2 versions that are floating around out there, the super-compressed 8MB per file one that pretty much can only be played on a desktop/laptop (I'm thinking it requires some weird codec) and the non-compressed 40MB-or-so per file version that can be played on mp3 players and other devices. My PDA wouldn't play the small files but had no trouble with the bigger ones.

Both versions are available on bittorrent if you're in to that sort of thing.

I also had a problem putting the Goljan audio files on my ipod. It doesn't matter what i tried it would just tell me that it cannot transfer the files to the ipod.

Members don't see this ad :)
dmitrinyr said:
I also had a problem putting the Goljan audio files on my ipod. It doesn't matter what i tried it would just tell me that it cannot transfer the files to the ipod.
what are you using to transfer the files? try not using itunes...

the solution is easy.
my ipod wouldn't take the low bitrate files.

so i used iTunes and converted all of them into aac format. just right click the files and your done.

now you can drag all the aac files onto your ipod.

YouDontKnowJack said:
the solution is easy.
my ipod wouldn't take the low bitrate files.

so i used iTunes and converted all of them into aac format. just right click the files and your done.

now you can drag all the aac files onto your ipod.

Yep yep. Been there. aac works.

when you convert you will put them into m4a format, if you do a search you'll see a post on how to convert to m4b which allows you to listen to Goljan slightly faster (cutting an hour down to 45min). I found this very helpful towards the end of my studies and you can still understand good ol' Goljan.

J