Anyone have "wart knowledge"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsherida

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick story: Had a wart on knuckle and had frozen off by doctor. Well, it burst, but left a ring where the edges of the wart were. Do you think using that Compound W freezing stuff will work or any other suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Duck tape is the way to go...

Put a small piece on the wart and then cover it up with a band aid. Change it every couple of days.

Studies show this has a 70% success rate in wart healing.

I s*** you not.

DrThom said:
Duck tape is the way to go...

Put a small piece on the wart and then cover it up with a band aid. Change it every couple of days.

Studies show this has a 70% success rate in wart healing.

I s*** you not.

This is absolutely true. Best advice anyone ever gave me.

Members don't see this ad :)
dsherida said:
Quick story: Had a wart on knuckle and had frozen off by doctor. Well, it burst, but left a ring where the edges of the wart were. Do you think using that Compound W freezing stuff will work or any other suggestions?

I too have heard that duct tape works. When I had them on my hands when I was a kid, I would cut away at them with fingernail clippers after showers or after having the compound W on. I'm sure this wasn't the best thing to do, but it worked. I think I would recommend the duct tape. Another thing: I had a friend when I was in elementary school would hold his bannanna on his... as I remember, the wart went away.

I have lots of wart knowledge from working in a reproductive health clinic--however, it is all of the genital variety, so I can't help you much (I hope). ;) We freeze them off with liquid nitrogen, and it sounds like you already tried that. I know with genital warts, however, depending on the size and severity of the wart(s), it often takes more than one treatment. Good luck!

Yeah a friend of mine used the duct tape method and it did work...it was amazing

there is an independent pharmacy in portland oregon that sells this hippie concoction called "magic wart cream". i'm not making this up. you need a prescription to get it and it costs 50 dollars. it is truly magic. if you are desperate and have tried absolutely everything else (duck tape, cryo, aldara cream, the blister stuff) then i would recommend this. after two years of trying to remove this wart off my pinkie finger and damaging the nail matrix from so much freezing, this stuff killed it in about a month. hippie magic i tell you :thumbup:

i had crazy big warts on my hand for years
my first derm was afraid to freeze em because of their size so he had me taping a piece of garlic to them and i was taking a supplement called cats claw
that didnt work
so i ended off blasting them off with liq nitrogen with a dif guy
it wasnt pretty but their gone
mostly...
one of my teachers told me to just tell my warts to go away/ "will them away"

I tried duct tape for about two months, and it didn't do a thing. Then I bought Wartner, which is an over-the-counter freezing thing (I'm not familiar with Compound W besides the salicylic acid), and it disappeared in a week.