Anyone hear from Boston or Tufts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Haybrant

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone hear back on secondaries from them? are they automatic and dont notify by email perhaps?

Members don't see this ad.

i havent heard from tufts after i send out the sec two weeks ago...do they email you only when you're complete or when they receive the secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am complete at BU. It took them a few days after receiving my LORs to email me that my application is complete.

Treg

Yep -- complete at BU (after receiving that freakin' UPenn explanation). I haven't sent in Tufts yet ... actually, I haven't even looked at it. What's it like?

Yeah I've been complete at Boston for a few weeks now. They're pretty quick on sending the "application complete" e-mail after they receive everything. Didn't apply to Tufts.

complete at BU, no word from tufts and columbia still

haven't heard anything from BU...maybe i should call...

~L

LRmed2003 said:
haven't heard anything from BU...maybe i should call...

~L

I hadn't heard anything from them either so I called them. Apparently, they did send out an email stating that my file was complete on 8/4 (about a week after I sent everything in). Unless they disguised their email as an online pharmacy add, there is no way I got it, as I have no filters on my email at all. I would call them to confirm.

Also, just called Tufts to see what was up, and the nice lady over there said that my file was missing a letter (which I know was sent out). I would call them to confirm as well.

I called tufts, being reviewed by the adcom at the end of this week. :cool:

good luck!! question -- once youre reviewed, will you hear re: interview shortly or will you have to potentially wait a couple weeks...months.... etc?

are these automatic secondaries; they are the only two im waiting on; should i go to their site and start filling out or do i need to recieve an invite?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, they're automatic. BU sends an email when you're complete, but it doesn't look like tufts does much.

sfbear said:
Yep, they're automatic. BU sends an email when you're complete, but it doesn't look like tufts does much.

Yep I got a confirmation from BU, but they have so many damn applicants I think a computer does it all and Tufts sent me a letter saying they did not have my recommendations yet

yep. Rejected from Boston ( pre-secondary) . No word from tufts.

Haybrant said:
are these automatic secondaries; they are the only two im waiting on; should i go to their site and start filling out or do i need to recieve an invite?

They both come by snailmail, so might take a bit longer. Check your mail daily. If not, give them a call. They are automatic secondaries so shouldn't have a problem. But for Tufts, there is a code that you need to put on your secondary, so the form they send you is necessary for you to complete.

BU asks for check and explanation for gaps in education.

Tufts asks for money, a short paragraph on why Tufts (optional) and a printed copy of your AMCAS application.

I didn't think BU rejected anyone pre-secondary. I thought it was automatic for everyone, no?

Uegis said:
They both come by snailmail, so might take a bit longer. Check your mail daily. If not, give them a call. They are automatic secondaries so shouldn't have a problem. But for Tufts, there is a code that you need to put on your secondary, so the form they send you is necessary for you to complete.

BU asks for check and explanation for gaps in education.

Tufts asks for money, a short paragraph on why Tufts (optional) and a printed copy of your AMCAS application.

I didn't think BU rejected anyone pre-secondary. I thought it was automatic for everyone, no?
Not for me. I got the letter last week. I used to think they didnt screen. It seems they do screen after all

Mr hawkings said:
Not for me. I got the letter last week. I used to think they didnt screen. It seems they do screen after all

Their loss, Mr. Hawkings. Just think about the high tuition and insane cost of living in Boston and it all looks better. Good luck with the rest of your schools.

I got an interview invite today. Good luck everyone :luck:

Treg

Treg said:
I got an interview invite today. Good luck everyone :luck:

Treg

Congrats. From Tufts or BU? And was it by email or snail mail?

got a letter from Tufts in the mail saying i'm complete

Thanks, the interview is from BU. :D Treg

Did it come in the mail or via email?

Also got an interview invite from BUSM via email two days ago. Gives you a range of dates to choose from, and they email you back with a confirmation.

Does anyone know whether we can bring our college transcripts to BU (unopened of course) on the day of our interview? Or are you all just sending them directly to the school prior to the interview? Thanks.

As for Tufts, I sent my secondary to them on 9/10. They should have received it by now, but I have no received no word about whether my app is complete or not. Will call them though.

Good luck everyone.