Anyone hear from NYU in the last 2 days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my WL letter today. And, it was addressed to me :D

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering, did anyone who interviewed at NYU still NOT get anything yet? (I live in IL if that matters)

I'm wondering whether I'm in the rejection wave. I know I should be patient, but I'm obviously bored.

stormpr said:
recieved waitlist letter in the mail today..... :(

!!EDIT!! My letter was NOT addressed to me. The envelope had MY NAME however the letter istelf was directed to someone else... (NOT EVEN OF THE SAME GENDER OR FROM THE SAME STATE!) NYU is officially on my **** list

Same thing happened to me. Not too impressive...

Members don't see this ad :)
With all the waitlists, wondering if this could mean class was full from Dec. acceptances, and those of us who interviewed after then were going for waitlist? Unless they went out a different day, it seems like few if any acceptances...

maygirl said:
Just wondering, did anyone who interviewed at NYU still NOT get anything yet? (I live in IL if that matters)

I'm wondering whether I'm in the rejection wave. I know I should be patient, but I'm obviously bored.

I'm in Texas right now and still waiting....I anticipate hearing tomorrow or the next day (at this point I think its looking like I will be added to the waitlist pool)

waitlist for moi. :thumbdown:

I was waitlisted too and my letter wasn't addressed to me either.....

Don't lose hope WL people. About half our class (70-80) students moved off the WL. However, this doesn't apply to MD/Phds...this year no WL movement for them.

a lot of the people i met on interview day that were students that had gotten in off of the waitlist....and the admissions office told us that they usually took a small number of students and waitlisted a lot because theyd rather be conservative

morgen said:
Same thing happened to me. Not too impressive...

sorry, that sucks, :( you should compare letters; maybe you got each others'....but that doesn't impress me very much about NYU

thirdator said:
I was waitlisted too and my letter wasn't addressed to me either.....
what is their problem? those secretaries need a severe reprimand; how horrible

waitlisted too...letter not adressed to me :(

Still no word....... :confused:

golfdoc8 said:
Still no word....... :confused:

Hmm.....I wonder if the fact that they have just sent out a bunch of waitlists/pre-interview rejections means that they have filled the number of acceptances they will offer initially? Are we therefore to wait until after those currently with acceptances drop before there is waitlist movement? I am thoroughly intrigued by the overall medical school application process and the philosophical differences between the institutions......any thoughts?

Same here, waitlisted. I blame my interviewer. :( ;)