anyone hear from Tufts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djsahand

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anybody get a letter notifying a received app or hear from Tufts yet?

Members don't see this ad.

djsahand said:

yes i received one on August 5th stating that they received my app and to send in the 60 dollar app fee. My prinouts were mailed on August 4th.

djsahand said:

my app was mailed out july 8th and i receieved an email from tufts about their app fee on july 26. i haven't heard from them since.

Members don't see this ad :)
i sent in that $60 fee in august, and the check still hasn't even been cashed - why ask for the money so early if your processing time is so slow?

They cashed my check a while ago. But i haven't heard anything from them regarding interview or more information yet.

I sent my $$ in a while ago too, but nada. it's still early in the game...patience!

A woman in the admissions office told me today they are experiencing a very high volume of mail and are asking people to allow several weeks for their checks to be processed. Also she said they will begin inviting applicants to interview in late October.

bosox_9 said:
A woman in the admissions office told me today they are experiencing a very high volume of mail and are asking people to allow several weeks for their checks to be processed. Also she said they will begin inviting applicants to interview in late October.

wow, that's pretty late! I have yet to hear anything. I remember reading something that specifically says to not contact them: "If your file is incomplete, we will contact you"

I've had my interview confirmed there for a while now. I go November 29th.

mid august i received an email from turfs asking for application fee. haven't heard from them ...

I haven't heard from them after the application fee request email.

cowsgomoo said:

Call them up cowsgomoo just for the fun of it.
I guess you could care less about Tufts as it's not your top choice.

cowsgomoo said:

Have you heard from UNC yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
dat_student said:
Have you heard from UNC yet?

Nope. These were two schools I would have liked to interview at but to no avail.

Yeah, I think tufts may be kinda slow. My application was complete in mid-august, and i've received 7 interview invites so far (attended 4). I haven't heard a word from tufts yet. Maybe they don't like chubby babies? :(

I heard from them at the beginning of October... My interview date is set for Nov 22, an odd Tues...

ChubbyBaby said:
Yeah, I think tufts may be kinda slow. My application was complete in mid-august, and i've received 7 interview invites so far (attended 4). I haven't heard a word from tufts yet. Maybe they don't like chubby babies? :(

They don't seem to like Cows that go Moo either.

I don't get it. I paid those dinguses like a month ago and still nothing. I have the stats to get a lil somethin somethin. Come on now!

Cowsgomoo, with your stats I think you will get accepted everywhere you applied to.

cowsgomoo said:
They don't seem to like Cows that go Moo either.

I also received nothing from Tufts, and nothing yet from CA. They mention they will not answer phone call about application status on their website, so i am getting a bit worried too.
looks like even i am invited for an interview, it will be after Dec...

not sure if this is helpful, I called them up on Friday and wanted to know what was going on. Since I am going to be in Boston next week, I asked for a update on the app process. They said they are a bit behind and that the first set of interviews will begin Nov 7. I guess they have a majority of their interviews post 12/1.

They are Slooooooooooow

shingshing said:
I also received nothing from Tufts, and nothing yet from CA. They mention they will not answer phone call about application status on their website, so i am getting a bit worried too.
looks like even i am invited for an interview, it will be after Dec...

ShingShing, your 25PAT is very impressive. I don't believe I have seen anyone with such a high PAT. I think your graphic design background really helps in that area?

kittylover said:
ShingShing, your 25PAT is very impressive. I don't believe I have seen anyone with such a high PAT. I think your graphic design background really helps in that area?

Yea, it definitely helped. PAT is my least studied subject. Kaplan also helped, they've got quite nice practices. I scored around 25 in most kaplan PAT.Their Bio is not enough though.

shingshing said:
Yea, it definitely helped. PAT is my least studied subject. Kaplan also helped, they've got quite nice practices. I scored around 25 in most kaplan PAT.Their Bio is not enough though.

wow awesome stats shingshing.. :)

shingshing said:

Yeah people with an artistic background tend to do better on the PAT. I still don't know how I got a 24. I don't have much of an artistic background but I did play a lot of video games :laugh:

rajmahal2004 said:
Yeah people with an artistic background tend to do better on the PAT. I still don't know how I got a 24. I don't have much of an artistic background but I did play a lot of video games :laugh:

Mom: What are you doing?
Son: I'm studying for DAT.
Mom: But you are playing Halo!!!
Son: Yes, i'm preparing for the PAT section.

hehehe.

Good job guys!