anyone hear from USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is absolutely crazy! Does anyone know how many seats are left? I interviewed on Feb. 2 and I still have not heard anything!

Members don't see this ad.

Mysteree said:
I think it shows lack of concern on USC's part for their future students. If they're going to interview 600 some people, then the adcom should at least meet often enough and go through the applicants and tell us, one way or another so we can move on. I wonder if they're this disinterested in thier students once they're enrolled in their program. I'm really disappointed in them.

This thought has started to pop up in my mind too... Also, I wish after they reviewed our applications, they tell us right away if we're in or out... this way, we can move on faster n don't have to wait forever...

evlinhm said:
This thought has started to pop up in my mind too... Also, I wish after they reviewed our applications, they tell us right away if we're in or out... this way, we can move on faster n don't have to wait forever...

Glad to know I'm not the only one thinking this. I also wonder how much of the class has filled up. Incidentally, have you gotten in anywhere else? Yeah, I am not too keen on USC's method of evaluating. I'd much rather get an answer, and be done with it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mysteree said:
Glad to know I'm not the only one thinking this. I also wonder how much of the class has filled up. Incidentally, have you gotten in anywhere else? Yeah, I am not too keen on USC's method of evaluating. I'd much rather get an answer, and be done with it.

When I went for the interview in Feb, they told me the class was about 30% full. I don't know about now. I got into LLU and most probably will be going there if I don't hear from USC by the end of next month... how about u?

evlinhm said:
When I went for the interview in Feb, they told me the class was about 30% full. I don't know about now. I got into LLU and most probably will be going there if I don't hear from USC by the end of next month... how about u?

Ya thats what they told me too when i went to my interview Feb.10...so frustrated :scared: ..Congrats on getting into LLU...great school from what I hear...goodluck on USC too though if thats ur first choice... ;)

Don't lose hope guys! SC's admission people are usually this slow...I really look forward too meet you all coming August 28ish!! FIGHT ON!!!

TeethVader said:
Don't lose hope guys! SC's admission people are usually this slow...I really look forward too meet you all coming August 28ish!! FIGHT ON!!!

Thanks...we really appreciate the support...do you remember when you got your acceptance? Early? April/May? ....

michaelazna said:
Thanks...we really appreciate the support...do you remember when you got your acceptance? Early? April/May? ....

I got mine middle of April

TeethVader said:
I got mine middle of April

and which month did you interview?

vaio said:

Well, you have to take into account that in my case...the situation was a little different. I had another acceptance on the east coast when I interviewed at SC. I obviously wanted to stay in cali and so I spoke to the admissions people regarding my chances for admission. Aditionally, I am a minority applicant (Hispanic). I think this was crucial for my acceptance being that there are only 2 hispanics (myself and somebody else) in the class of 2009.

vaio said:

And I interviewed beginning of April I think

TeethVader said:
Well, you have to take into account that in my case...the situation was a little different. I had another acceptance on the east coast when I interviewed at SC. I obviously wanted to stay in cali and so I spoke to the admissions people regarding my chances for admission. Aditionally, I am a minority applicant (Hispanic). I think this was crucial for my acceptance being that there are only 2 hispanics (myself and somebody else) in the class of 2009.

during my pbl observation of D1 students, there was one hispanic-looking guy in the group, maybe it was you??!

vaio said:
during my pbl observation of D1 students, there was one hispanic-looking guy in the group, maybe it was you??!

I don't think so vaio, I'm a first year (Class of 09).

Members don't see this ad :)
vaio said:

oooohhhh ok! I see what you mean....actually it couldn't be me. Unless you interviewed around november-december 05....This trimester I've been in the afternoon sessions. Interviewes observe D1 students in the morning...But believe me...it's easy to spot a hispanic at SC since there's only 2, a male (nerdy me) and a female (very cool girl!!).

TeethVader said:
oooohhhh ok! I see what you mean....actually it couldn't be me. Unless you interviewed around november-december 05....This trimester I've been in the afternoon sessions. Interviewes observe D1 students in the morning...But believe me...it's easy to spot a hispanic at SC since there's only 2, a male (nerdy me) and a female (very cool girl!!).

maybe theres another hispanic guy at USC you haven't seen yet :D.... as for me, i interviewed in january, my stats aren't bad ~3.5 GPA, 20/19 DAT, but I haven't heard back...and i'm thinking I won't hear any good news if i haven't heard back till now, since a lot of ppl who interviewed after me have gotten in. I thought i did well on the mock pbl too. I guess there was something I was lacking at, oh well..moving on

I just wonder if any of you receive phone calls from the admission office?

evlinhm said:

I interviewed in Feb as well, and they told us the same % for class being full, I think. I have an acceptance as well, however, it's on the east coast. I'd rather go here, since I'm local. You're willing to wait till end of May for USC?

anyone talked to admissions since Friday and know when the next round is and how many spots are left?

stryder said:
anyone talked to admissions since Friday and know when the next round is and how many spots are left?
I'm interviewing this Friday and would like to know what my chances are.

Mysteree said:
I interviewed in Feb as well, and they told us the same % for class being full, I think. I have an acceptance as well, however, it's on the east coast. I'd rather go here, since I'm local. You're willing to wait till end of May for USC?

I like LLU and USC equally. I think both of their programs and clinical training are great... but USC is more well-known in my country so I guess that's why I want to go there. However, this whole waiting on acceptance thing is starting to make me thing that they're a little disorganized. They kept saying "by the end of next week" everytime I asked, when really, it's 1 month later. LLU gave more of a definite period and answer, and the people there are really nice and they really make you feel that you're valuable to them.

evlinhm said:
I like LLU and USC equally. I think both of their programs and clinical training are great... but USC is more well-known in my country so I guess that's why I want to go there. However, this whole waiting on acceptance thing is starting to make me thing that they're a little disorganized. They kept saying "by the end of next week" everytime I asked, when really, it's 1 month later. LLU gave more of a definite period and answer, and the people there are really nice and they really make you feel that you're valuable to them.

I called on friday and they said the next round is going out in about 2 weeks....meaning mid-may i bet....so disorganized.....

does anyone know how full the class is currently? last i heard it was 50 % full.....

evlinhm said:

You're not from US? I know LLU is quite selective as well, congrats on getting accepted. Yeah, the waiting game is quite painful. I don't know why their process is this disorganized. I wonder if this is business as usual, or perhaps there are some extenuating circumstances at work here.

Hey all...well just talked to SC and they said that next round will go out in about 3-3.5 weeks... :(

michaelazna said:
Hey all...well just talked to SC and they said that next round will go out in about 3-3.5 weeks... :(

and the waiting begins...

By the way, anybody here got accepted after 2 months or more of waiting?

hey guys i recived an invitation and here is your guys answer to how many spots are lef tas of April 4th 2006.....i was wondering if anyone can help me out and give me some idea what to expect at the interview....i hear that it is very different from a normal interview (dont they give you a private interview along with the group pbl stuff) and was wonding if anyone was willing to share their experience thank you

Since it is nearing the end of our application process I’m sure many of you are wondering about the status of our DDS class. Although it is nearing the end of our interview cycle, we will continue to interview students until May. We will start a class of 144 students and at this time our class is just over half full.

Thank you for your interest in the USC School of Dentistry.
Sincerely,

-Eva-

i spoke to eva today. she said that the class is 3/4 full. i just calculated that and that would mean 108 spots have been taken and only 36 are left! does anyone know how many acceptances they send out every 2 weeks?

dds2010 said:
i spoke to eva today. she said that the class is 3/4 full. i just calculated that and that would mean 108 spots have been taken and only 36 are left! does anyone know how many acceptances they send out every 2 weeks?

Unfortunately thats every 3 weeks not 2...they could send out 20 they could send out 5...depends on how many accept :mad:

michaelazna said:
Unfortunately thats every 3 weeks not 2...they could send out 20 they could send out 5...depends on how many accept :mad:

I just got an email this morning for my acceptance..no phonecall only an email. I was accepted yesterday (April 12th). It seems very interesting since I wasn't hoping to hear from them till 2 weeks from now...Hope you all guys hear something from them soon.

Regards,
MAHYA

mahya said:
I just got an email this morning for my acceptance..no phonecall only an email. I was accepted yesterday (April 12th). It seems very interesting since I wasn't hoping to hear from them till 2 weeks from now...Hope you all guys hear something from them soon.

Regards,
MAHYA

congrat Mahya. Mind my asking, when did you interview?

mahya said:

Regards,
MAHYA

congrats Mahya. Mind my asking, when did you interview?

I just got invited for an interview yesterday, so I know they are still interviewing. I think the last day of interviews is April 26

mahya said:

Regards,
MAHYA

When did you interview? And what are your stats?

I Just Got An Email Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally.....that Wait Seemed Like Forever.......i Interviewed On Feb 17th!!! What A Surprise I Wasnt Even Expecting An Acceptance For Another Couple Of Weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mysteree Yours Should Be Coming Soon!!!

NF81 said:
I Just Got An Email Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally.....that Wait Seemed Like Forever.......i Interviewed On Feb 17th!!! What A Surprise I Wasnt Even Expecting An Acceptance For Another Couple Of Weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mysteree Yours Should Be Coming Soon!!!

Congrats you guys!!!! This wait is going to be the end of me!!!! :mad: I hope you're right NF81 *sigh*

I don't get this... didn't some people get acceptances last week? So they are sending out another round already? I thought they did acceptances every few weeks. This would have been welcome news had I found an e-mail from SC in my inbox. Unfortunately this is very discouraging as my inbox was barren.

michaelazna said:
When did you interview? And what are your stats?

I interviewed on March 10th. My stats are 21/21/18, GPA 3.90, major in Biomedical Engineering. I hope you all get in..

mahya said:

Regards,
MAHYA

Congrats Mahya! Are you going to attend? I was just invited for an interview.

Ruprick said:
Congrats Mahya! Are you going to attend? I was just invited for an interview.

Deciding between USC and ASDOH..the only thing that is holding me back alittle is the price tag of USC...!

hey guys, i talked to them over the phone. this is the last week usc sends out any invites. so if u havent got one yet, then thats it...sorry guys. thats all the info i really got. i didnt get an invite myself but good luck to those that did

i wish they would hurry and fill their class... I just wanna know one way or the other

i emailed eva today that i will not be going to my interview on 4/26.
hope someone gets invited instead. :)

scentofj said:
i emailed eva today that i will not be going to my interview on 4/26.
hope someone gets invited instead. :)

I emailed Eva last week and she said the next round would go out in two weeks....so the next round should go out next week...anyone heard this same news or other news?

C'mon people....let's keep this thing updated.

So....has anyone spoke to Eva recently??? Do you guys know when the next round of acceptances is????

mkdds said:
So....has anyone spoke to Eva recently??? Do you guys know when the next round of acceptances is????

I just received my acceptance letter today or earlier in the afternoon. I guess decisions are being made right now.

EyeAmCommi said:
I just received my acceptance letter today or earlier in the afternoon. I guess decisions are being made right now.
Congratulations, Could you please tell me when was your interview.Thanks

Hey Eyeamcommi,
did your acceptance come by e-mail or snail mail?

I too interviewed on the 14th. There's still hope for me!