anyone hear from USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oy! No good news for me. Anybody know how full the class is now?

absurdhippo said:
Oy! No good news for me. Anybody know how full the class is now?

I just talked to the admission office today and I spoke to Meghan she told me that the class is only %60 full....which was kinda surprising for me and she said that the next round of acceptance is going out in a week or so....

Members don't see this ad :)
mkdds said:
I just talked to the admission office today and I spoke to Meghan she told me that the class is only %60 full....which was kinda surprising for me and she said that the next round of acceptance is going out in a week or so....

Which is surprising to me too considering prior to the recent round of acceptances Eva told me the class was approximately 3/4 full. I guess we won't ever know until the class is completely filled. :laugh:

But I sure hope only 60% full is accurate!

absurdhippo said:
Which is surprising to me too considering prior to the recent round of acceptances Eva told me the class was approximately 3/4 full. I guess we won't ever know until the class is completely filled. :laugh:

But I sure hope only 60% full is accurate!

The reason might be that some people probably did not turn in their May 1st deposit so they are removed from the list and insted of 75%, 60% of class is full.I think you guys who are all waiting here to hear some good news would be accepted soon..no worries..just wait and relax ;)

mahya said:
The reason might be that some people probably did not turn in their May 1st deposit so they are removed from the list and insted of 75%, 60% of class is full.I think you guys who are all waiting here to hear some good news would be accepted soon..no worries..just wait and relax ;)
thx Mahya :)

mahya said:

that so easy to say mahya your already in (congrats) :) but the ones stressing arnt :confused: .....but i do appreciate the love lol :p

gsJ said:
that so easy to say mahya your already in (congrats) :) but the ones stressing arnt :confused: .....but i do appreciate the love lol :p

Hey guys,

Congrats to all that were accepted this past round.....and to those of you, like myself that werent, I also hope that the class is only 60 % full and I also have a question....I emailed Eva asking when the next round of acceptances are going out and she wrote back yesterday:

"We’ll be doing another round of acceptances during this next week"

haha classic (so vague)... do you think this means this week or next week....has anyone heard anything for sure?? Do we know when the next deposit is due??

Thanks

sorry to be such a downer to the guys whom are on waitlist (including myself), but keep in mind 500 got interviewed. 144 seats and 86 (60%) are filled out of 108 (75%) that got accepted. this means 22 extra spots and 58 spots left.

so basically those on waitlist have a (144-86)/(500-108) = 58/392 = 15% of getting in.

good luck to us all :)

I believe that SC takes roughly half of the people on their waiting list. I'm not sure where you got your information but a lot of people turn down SC for other schools which makes for a low matriculation rate at SC and a high number of acceptances handed out (~50% of waitlist I believe).

beleive what you want, but numbers do not lie. not unless my numbers are incorrect. but can you disprove my number?

Cantstandya said:
I believe that SC takes roughly half of the people on their waiting list. I'm not sure where you got your information but a lot of people turn down SC for other schools which makes for a low matriculation rate at SC and a high number of acceptances handed out (~50% of waitlist I believe).

how do you know only 108 have been accepted? Or am I not understanding what you wrote?

Cantstandya said:

USC definately accepts close to 50% of those that interviewed...your (coolen2000) numbers are right in a sense, but they do not take into accout the large percentage (about 50%) of students that turn USC down due to reasons such as cost, curriculum, etc.

Your numbers would be right if everyone accepted their acceptance.....

Members don't see this ad :)
its more like this: if say 90 ppl are attending USC as of now, that means 180 ppl were invited to attend.....144-90=54 spots left but USC will probably give out about 108 acceptances for those 54 spots so really, 180+108=288. 288 is 57% of 500 so that is the acceptance rate of those on the waiting list as I understand it.

McGill Graduate said:
its more like this: if say 90 ppl are attending USC as of now, that means 180 ppl were invited to attend.....144-90=54 spots left but USC will probably give out about 108 acceptances for those 54 spots so really, 180+108=288. 288 is 57% of 500 so that is the acceptance rate of those on the waiting list as I understand it.

75% of 144 were accepted
60% of 144 are ateending

you can't assume more people will decline their acceptances when they receive it this late in the game....my numbers are for the worst case scenario...and experience tells me to prepare for the worst, and hope for the best :)

coolen2000 said:
75% of 144 were accepted
60% of 144 are ateending

you can't assume more people will decline their acceptances when they receive it this late in the game....my numbers are for the worst case scenario...and experience tells me to prepare for the worst, and hope for the best :)

Here's a little hope: I hear there's lots of moving around at this time. I just withdrew from USC myself last week, day's after putting down my $1000 deposit (ouch)!

Good luck to you guys. :luck:

I wish they would just rank the waitlist so I know if i really have to reapply or not =(

Window is opening soon !

reven said:
Here's a little hope: I hear there's lots of moving around at this time. I just withdrew from USC myself last week, day's after putting down my $1000 deposit (ouch)!

Good luck to you guys. :luck:

Had they already cashed your check? If it was just days later, you should've tried putting stop on the check.. But hey you get to go to UCSF..that's awesome, Congrats :thumbup:

Mysteree said:
Had they already cashed your check? If it was just days later, you should've tried putting stop on the check.. But hey you get to go to UCSF..that's awesome, Congrats :thumbup:

Hey Mysteree....do you mind telling us when the next deposit deadline is, as it might give us an idea as to when the next round of acceptances will be...

thanks

Are the e-mails you get in a Zip. file? Just curious if anyone knows...

Thanks

Hi McGill to answer your question, the next deposit for me is May 15th, so it would follow that the next round will go out probably fri of next week.

Michaelazna-the accepted email is a regular email, it's not a zip file.

G'luck guys!

Mysteree said:
Hi McGill to answer your question, the next deposit for me is May 15th, so it would follow that the next round will go out probably fri of next week.

Michaelazna-the accepted email is a regular email, it's not a zip file.

G'luck guys!

i just had a deposit due on the 1st of may and then i think that my next and final one is in july. good luck to all of you and hope to see you in august.

just got an email from Eva saying that the class is 70% full and they are hoping to fill the class by end of May. Next round will be next week and it will go on til end of May. Hope to hear some good news!!!

stv2826 said:
just got an email from Eva saying that the class is 70% full and they are hoping to fill the class by end of May. Next round will be next week and it will go on til end of May. Hope to hear some good news!!!

Excellent, May 19th.... I hope to hear good news before I leave the next day

Has anyone directly spoken to Sandra Bolivar? If so, how did you do it?

michaelazna said:
Is this the week?!?! :confused: :scared:
yup it is !!!!! GOOD LUCK to all those who r waiting!! :)

Good luck guys!

Mysteree said:
Good luck guys!

Just updating.....does anyone know if friday is the day, or will they put us out of our misery before friday?

McGill Graduate said:
Just updating.....does anyone know if friday is the day, or will they put us out of our misery before friday?

good luck to you guys! :luck:

xylashellx said:
good luck to you guys! :luck:

thanks xylashellx

has anyone heard anything?? I feel like Im the only one who hasn't heard yet....I still really really want to get in!

join the club mcgill grad, my buddy was there yesterday to pick up some papers and i guess there are a crapload of people still on the waiting list, i guess SC was one of the top 5 schools to get the most apps

so we gotta keep playin the waiting game

uklover08 said:
join the club mcgill grad, my buddy was there yesterday to pick up some papers and i guess there are a crapload of people still on the waiting list, i guess SC was one of the top 5 schools to get the most apps

Great.... :eek: :scared:

uklover08 said:

poop. did your buddy see the list??? or did someone in the admin office say there there are still a crapload of ppl on the list?

McGill Graduate said:
poop. did your buddy see the list??? or did someone in the admin office say there there are still a crapload of ppl on the list?

GOOD QUESTION..AND WHAT IS A LOT...50? 100? 200? HOPEFULLY THE ANSWER IS LIKE 10, THEN AGAIN I DREAM A LOT LOL...TRYIN 2 STAY POSITIVE HERE...

no he didnt see it they wouldnt tell him what number he is either, ryan just said there are a lot left and this year has been the most number of applicants

i just wanna get in already so i know what im doing next year

uklover08 said:
no he didnt see it they wouldnt tell him what number he is either, ryan just said there are a lot left and this year has been the most number of applicants

i just wanna get in already so i know what im doing next year

I hear ya.....I am in a difficult situation in that im moving to L.A ( from Canada!!) cause my fiance was accepted to USC for his PhD! It would make my life a whole lot easier if I were accepted....and ive asked what was lacking in my application and they said my app is strong so wtf!

hey has anyone actually talked with them recently. Is the next round going out tomorrow for sure?

stryder said:
hey has anyone actually talked with them recently. Is the next round going out tomorrow for sure?

I spoke with them on tuesday and they said this week forsure. so tomorrow it is. unless of course, they delay.

michaelazna said:
GOOD QUESTION..AND WHAT IS A LOT...50? 100? 200? HOPEFULLY THE ANSWER IS LIKE 10, THEN AGAIN I DREAM A LOT LOL...TRYIN 2 STAY POSITIVE HERE...

A couple weeks ago they said there were still about 400 people on the waiting list and that the class was 3/4 full. I think?? Sorry...

Any word yet folks?

has anyone called them today tomake sure that they're not postponing again?

stryder said:
has anyone called them today tomake sure that they're not postponing again?

i just spoke to someone on the phone and they said the class is full and no acceptances were handed out today.....doesnt make sense....stryder on predents.com it said you were accepted today, did you receive an email?

McGill Graduate said:
i just spoke to someone on the phone and they said the class is full and no acceptances were handed out today.....doesnt make sense....stryder on predents.com it said you were accepted today, did you receive an email?

wtf is going on :( im so frustrated...

McGill Graduate said:
i guess its time to submit the 2007 application..... :mad: :mad:

I'm sorry to hear that guys..I thought that the class wasn't full just yet.