Anyone heard back from Northwestern yet?

Started by PT2010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PT2010

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering if anyone has heard back from Northwestern yet? I know they reviewed the applications in the beginning and the middle of November, but I haven't heard anything yet. I know some people were already accepted early on, but I don't know about anyone recently...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got accepted there back in October but I haven't known many that have heard since.not sure why I heard so early though!
 
I heard from them in around the 24th of October or so, and my PTCAS mailing date was the first week in October. My friend got his sent in the day before the deadline, so like 2 weeks after mine, and he just heard from them last week (he got in).

If your application was sent right around the deadline, then it'll be awhile for them to get through everything...I'm sure they receive a lot of applications all at once as it gets closer to that Oct 15 deadline. I think those of us who have heard already got ours sent in pretty quickly. My friend sent his in 2 weeks after mine, but he didn't hear from them until like a month after I did.

However, in response to the poster who said they emailed them for confirmation, NU does send a confirmatory email upon receipt of everything (GRE, PTCAS app, and supplemental fee). Ironically I got my confirmation email about 3 weeks after I sent everything in, and then the next day I got a phone call saying i was in. My friend got his confirmation about a week after I did (2 days after his app was submitted) and didn't hear from them for another month. Go figure.

Good luck!
 
My PTCAS application was verified September 14th. I called Northwestern about the 3rd week of October and they said my application was under review. I still haven't heard anything. I'm beginning to think all the acceptances have been notified. Guess I shouldn't get my hopes up.
 
Not sure if this helps but I sent my application on October 7th (sent October 11th) and they called me on November 11th to tell me I was accepted. Good luck to all of you who are waiting!
 
I am starting to think that no news is bad news. :-/

Would others agree, that this is generally the case?


I bet they are just holding out on me until about April, when I will open a letter on NU letter head with "no" in size 50 font. 😎