You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anyone heard from Davis?
Started by finnpipette
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Originally posted by lessismoe
YEEEEE!!!!! I'm IN!!!!!
Ed said that 12 people were accepted yesterday. WOW! I feel SO lucky to have gotten in!!! I will SO be there in the Fall.
Oh, and for those interested, I interviewed 1/28.
Good luck to everyone still waiting!!!
Congrats man.
But shoot. I interviewed in december... does this mean i wasn't accepted?? 😕
Originally posted by kwanny
Congrats man.
But shoot. I interviewed in december... does this mean i wasn't accepted?? 😕
Call them. That's how I found out about the mess-up with my application. And even before she realized I was already in, Terri seemed happy enough to check for me once I said I had interviewed in Dec. and was wondering what was going on with my application. Good luck.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bump
Originally posted by lessismoe
Is there a website or something that will tell me all about the second look weekend at Davis? I'm sorry, I feel so out of the loop right now. Where did y'all hear about it?
The U.C. Davis, School of Medicine is planning our Annual Re-Visit Weekend for
Friday
April 9 and Saturday April 10, 2004.
If you are able to join us for our Re-Visit Weekend please RSVP by Monday March
15,
2004 to [email protected].
More information with be forth coming . . . .
Terri Hall
UC Davis, School of Medicine
Office of Admissions
Davis, CA 95616
530-752-3172
[email protected]
that's all we've gotten as of today.
Originally posted by voltron77
Just got placed on hold.
Sorry to hear that voltron 🙁 Hang in there... it seems like a lot of people, including some of the SDNers, got into Davis after being put on hold last year.
I got placed on hold for an interview; does anyone know if a letter of interest would help me get an interview? I've visited Davis and know that it would be my first choice, but I don't want to seem presumptious and assume that they would even want me. Perhaps an update to my application with grades from last semester, along with a letter stating my continued interest would help?
Congratulations to everyone who already got in; I am still holding out hope but I know that there isn't much at this point.
Congratulations to everyone who already got in; I am still holding out hope but I know that there isn't much at this point.
Originally posted by mikeyboy
I got placed on hold for an interview; does anyone know if a letter of interest would help me get an interview? I've visited Davis and know that it would be my first choice, but I don't want to seem presumptious and assume that they would even want me. Perhaps an update to my application with grades from last semester, along with a letter stating my continued interest would help?
Congratulations to everyone who already got in; I am still holding out hope but I know that there isn't much at this point.
yeah why not? its always nice to show a school that you are still interested in them.
Originally posted by mikeyboy
I got placed on hold for an interview; does anyone know if a letter of interest would help me get an interview? I've visited Davis and know that it would be my first choice, but I don't want to seem presumptious and assume that they would even want me. Perhaps an update to my application with grades from last semester, along with a letter stating my continued interest would help?
Congratulations to everyone who already got in; I am still holding out hope but I know that there isn't much at this point.
when were you put on pre-int hold? i still haven't heard a word since completing my secondary
My file was complete 10/22 (per the status page), and I emailed the admissions office early this month. Terri told me that I was on pre-interview hold, and that they would get back to me in 4-6 weeks. I just sent them a letter and transcript from last semester; hopefully they'll review it soon and take into account my interest.
The status page did not reflect that I had been placed on hold; I simply have not heard anything, and it just says "Application Complete: 10/22/03" or something like that.
The status page did not reflect that I had been placed on hold; I simply have not heard anything, and it just says "Application Complete: 10/22/03" or something like that.