Anyone heard from Medical College of GA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keykal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted to the Medical College of Georgia yet??? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:..I'm still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone been accepted to the Medical College of Georgia yet??? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:..I'm still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't heard anything yet...I'm anxious though! I think they only mail letters. Did you hear otherwise?

My friend got the call last year pretty late in the afternoon..so I think they call and send the letter..not sure!!! either way, my phone will be glued to my hand all day!!! good luck to you!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you do get the call, please post it on here just so I know they have started making calls!!! and I'll do the same!!!!!

I haven't heard anything yet... but I sure will post it on here if I get a call

From what I've heard if you don't hear anything today you will definitely know by friday.

I just got a call!!!!!!....:):):):):):):) Be patient it will come...good luck!!

I just got a call!!!!!!....:):):):):):):) Be patient it will come...good luck!!

Congrats!!! I wonder how they are ordering the calls...what letter does your last name start with? When did you interview?

Congrats!!! I wonder how they are ordering the calls...what letter does your last name start with? When did you interview?

First name starts with m and last o. I interviewed on the 9th and 10th of september...hope this helps!!:D:D

I got a call this morning a little after nine as well from Dr. Hanes! She said that they were calling a few ones that they were sure about, but would be mailing most of them. So don't be worried if you don't get a call.

I got a call this morning a little after nine as well from Dr. Hanes! She said that they were calling a few ones that they were sure about, but would be mailing most of them. So don't be worried if you don't get a call.

Congrats! Thanks for the info!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive anything in the mail? Is it confirmed that only a few people were called? Or were all of the accepted applicants called?

As per a previous post in this thread, only a few people will receive calls and most others will receive their acceptances via mail - this is the same information delivered by Dr. Hanes, but I'm not really sure what distinguishes who gets a call and who does not.

Regardless, I've been posted up next to our front door all day and looking down at my phone every 10-15 minutes or so! This probably ranks as one of the top days every year for absolutely irrational behavior.

That must be quite a load off. Like everyone else here, my tendency toward erratic behavior has increased exponentially when I woke up this morning. MCG is my first choice. So I hope I get to share the good news as well.

Good luck to all that have applied and are waiting by the phone with baited breath!

Is anybody going to call if they do not call you? Anxiety sucks!!!!

I haven't received a call or anything in the mail yet, but I was waitlisted last year. Needless to say, I'm on pins and needles right now!

Let us Know how the call goes. I'm going to be patient for as long as I can for now.

I got a call at 9:50 this morning from Dr. Hanes! Totally wasn't expecting it, but am super ecstatic!!

at this point, nervous is a lovely understatement!!! I wonder how many people have received the phone calls today???? Has ANYONE received their acceptance letter in the mail yet????? maybe they will come tomorrow :confused::confused::confused:

at this point, nervous is a lovely understatement!!! I wonder how many people have received the phone calls today???? Has ANYONE received their acceptance letter in the mail yet????? maybe they will come tomorrow :confused::confused::confused:

Let's hope they come tomorrow! No idea how many were called... why do they call some and not others? What's up with that?

Let's hope they come tomorrow! No idea how many were called... why do they call some and not others? What's up with that?

Yeah, I need some good news. I got waitlisted at Kentucky and at Louisville. No news from MCG or Florida yet. This is nerve-racking!

I am not sure they would have acceptances in the mail yet.. even if they do mail some. (comes registered mail I think) I think this week they mostly call. Seems like that is what happened last year. Look at the old posts from last year, seems like most, if not all who posted about being accepted the first week received a phone call. Just WAITING!

Is anyone considering calling MCG tomorrow? I am just to see what is up. Let me know if you think this is a bad idea. If you have called or are going to let me know.. Thanks.

Accepted:
Louisville 12/01

MCG needs to pick up the speed!! I heard there is a girl who is the most deserving and well-qualfied applicant waiting to hear news from them!!!! Good news! :D

Last edited:
MCG needs to pick up the speed!! I heard there is a girl from Valdosta State who is the most deserving and well-qualfied applicant waiting to hear news from them!!!! Good news! :D

Probably the mot humble post on the board.... just saying.

I'm just going to wait it out! We should know our fates by friday the latest!!! :0 They are probably still deciding on those of us that have not received the phone calls yet, so we might as well just wait!:xf:

Is anyone considering calling MCG tomorrow? I am just to see what is up. Let me know if you think this is a bad idea. If you have called or are going to let me know.. Thanks.

Accepted:
Louisville 12/01
Dentmania, if I were you I would put the brakes on calling the people in admin. I wouldn't think that calling would hurt your chances or anything. But I doubt that they would be able to tell you anything regarding your particular file; I know when I advise students at work, we aren't allowed to discuss any details regarding matriculation. In all reality, they'll probably talk to you about the process in a general way.

If you do end up doing it, let us know what you find out.

Dentmania, if I were you I would put the brakes on calling the people in admin. I wouldn't think that calling would hurt your chances or anything. But I doubt that they would be able to tell you anything regarding your particular file; I know when I advise students at work, we aren't allowed to discuss any details regarding matriculation. In all reality, they'll probably talk to you about the process in a general way.

If you do end up doing it, let us know what you find out.

I am also fighting the urge to call or email! Let's just keep waiting and trust God!

You're definitely right! I've poured over those too; I just hope that the acceptances would be sooner rather than later.

I think I remember hearing somewhere that "patience is for those that have time".

Nothing yet on my end! I'll be patient another day. :)

I haven't heard anything either!!! maybe tomorrow!!!:eek::xf:

I haven't heard anything either...no calls, no email, no certified letter. Hopefully tomorrow!

Just heard via email from Dr. Hanes that they are finalizing decisions and letters should be going out at the first of next week...

Just heard via email from Dr. Hanes that they are finalizing decisions and letters should be going out at the first of next week...

Thanks for that. I was hoping to hear something by today, though, because I have an interview at VCU on Monday. I was hoping to save the trip, time off work, and a bunch of money. Oh well. I better go to the interview!

Did you email Dr. Hanes first asking about the status of your application or did she just email you to update you on the status of the notification process? Just wondering if everyone should've got this email or not.

Did you email Dr. Hanes first asking about the status of your application or did she just email you to update you on the status of the notification process? Just wondering if everyone should've got this email or not.

I emailed her on Wednesday to inquire about my status and she replied to me this morning. So it wasn't a mass email.

I emailed her on Wednesday to inquire about my status and she replied to me this morning. So it wasn't a mass email.

Thanks for sharing the info bconway52! Can't wait!!! Good luck every1!:xf: