anyone heard from tufts yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBenny

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what's up with tufts? i have received absolutely nothing from them, and my application was received by schools more than a month ago.

Members don't see this ad.

nope, they have had all my stuff since June 22. Noone really has, so dont worry.

I called and they said they will not be granting interviews till October

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry about anything, I haven't heard anything from Tufts and my application has been complete since June 22nd as well.

i got a little postcard tellin me to pay up $60 that's it.

justletmein said:
i got a little postcard tellin me to pay up $60 that's it.
when did you get this, and when did you apply?

I got the card on August 23rd, I applied around July 18th, tufts received my aadsas app August 18th i believe

no card for me, and I applied May 19th, Tufts received my application June 22 - way before they did yours.

Let's wait and See and Good Luck.

One of the advisors there at tufts, Melissa something, sent me this reply when I inquired about applying in late december/early january.

Adam,

You are welcome to wait until January however you do put yourself at a slight
disadvantage as it is later in the cycle. We will begin interviews in November
and are able to offer acceptances after December 1st. It is difficult to say
where we will be at that point and when your application would be reviewed. To
be competitive, we do encourage students to submit the application prior to
January 1st.

Last year I had my application complete by early september, and didn't get an invite from Tufts until late-january - they were the very last school I heard from. I didn't attend their interview. Want my advice: Tufts is way too expensive!!

Mithridates said:
Last year I had my application complete by early september, and didn't get an invite from Tufts until late-january - they were the very last school I heard from. I didn't attend their interview. Want my advice: Tufts is way too expensive!!

I agree. Tufts and BU are both unreasonably expensive. If you like Boston, come to Harvard, cuz we rock :)

grr123 said:
I agree. Tufts and BU are both unreasonably expensive. If you like Boston, come to Harvard, cuz we rock :)

:love: I think I'm in love!

Visit Harvard, then Tufts... it's completely 2 different worlds. Tufts would certainly be the "ivy-league" of Dental Schools... if there was such thing. Besides, Harvard is more proud of their Medical Program than their Dental Program... so you can understand they have some catching-up to do in Dentistry.

Tufts maybe expensive... it's Boston, what do you expect?. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Mo007 said:
Tufts would certainly be the "ivy-league" of Dental Schools... if there was such thing.

People mentioning ivy league schools on this forum often receive negative responses for some reason. i.e. BadVibes. However, when people make comments like those above there are no responses. What up!

Tufts doesn't start sending out invitations until mid October.

Mithridates said:
People mentioning ivy league schools on this forum often receive negative responses for some reason. i.e. BadVibes. However, when people make comments like those above there are no responses. What up!
So you agree. Good.

I would schedule a Tour at Tufts (if possible) to see more on what I ment. ;)

If you already received an interview invite from BU, should you wait until you hear from Tufts to confirm the date?

Mo007 said:
Visit Harvard, then Tufts... it's completely 2 different worlds. Tufts would certainly be the "ivy-league" of Dental Schools... if there was such thing. Besides, Harvard is more proud of their Medical Program than their Dental Program... so you can understand they have some catching-up to do in Dentistry.

Tufts maybe expensive... it's Boston, what do you expect?. :D

Hopefully BadVibes won't see that post. :eek:

According to my interview at Tufts last year, if you get the interview invite, then you are 90% in. So, it would take a little bit longer for them to decide the candidates. Keep updating them your new activities and your future plans about the courses. Be careful to let them know that you are going to take biochem before your matriculate.

grettlin2 said:
According to my interview at Tufts last year, if you get the interview invite, then you are 90% in. So, it would take a little bit longer for them to decide the candidates. Keep updating them your new activities and your future plans about the courses. Be careful to let them know that you are going to take biochem before your matriculate.

How could you say 90% in??? Tufts is one of those schools that is getting flooded with applicants and grants a lot of interviews. According to a faculty member about 500 interviews. (He wasn't too well informed of the undegrad dental admissions process since he only teaches postdoctoral program). If 90% is infact true then it would work out to 450 acceptances to fill a class of 150, only 1/3 of the acceptee go. Is this normal to have such a high percentage of people decline the acceptance??

blankguy said:
How could you say 90% in??? Tufts is one of those schools that is getting flooded with applicants and grants a lot of interviews. According to a faculty member about 500 interviews. (He wasn't too well informed of the undegrad dental admissions process since he only teaches postdoctoral program). If 90% is infact true then it would work out to 450 acceptances to fill a class of 150, only 1/3 of the acceptee go. Is this normal to have such a high percentage of people decline the acceptance??

Does Tufts grant a lot of interviews? I don't think so. You can email the admission office the numbers that they plan to interview with for this year. For 2004, the associate dean told us since we are here and if we do not screw the interview, we are 90% in.
I doubt if Tufts will grant "450" interviews for this year and for 2004. I could be wrong. I am not trying to affend anyone, but just want to let you guys take it easy while waiting.

blankguy said:

I guess many people turn down their offer. They are expensive.

grettlin2 said:

hey whats up! how can you inform them with your updates? just mail them a transcript or letter? call them up? thanks!

Mithridates said:
Want my advice: Tufts is way too expensive!!
I TOTALLY agree! I actually don't plan on applyng to tufts for that reason alone! I'm not going into debt for the rest of my life!

I only got a notice from them to send them application fee.

Lilith said:
I only got a notice from them to send them application fee.

me, too. sending payment today. :smuggrin:

grr123 said:
I guess many people turn down their offer. They are expensive.

Actually, this year many people did not turn tufts down. Word has it that some students had to be deferred to next year but would have been in this years class had there been room. I guess thats what you get for being the best clinical school in the country, or the contienent. :thumbup: