Anyone heard of this?!?

Started by Dr. J?
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr. J?

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone had experience with this technology? I've seen it used once in a PMD's office, but have not seen it elsewhere. Was wondering if anyone has used it in the hospital as a substitute for a Swan?


http://www.cardiodynamics.com/cdprod40.html

http://www.impedancecardiography.com/

Mandatory disclosure: I have NO ties to the company, just curious about the technology and how it's seen in the cardiology community.
 
I am a Practice Manager for a Cardiology Group in NJ. We have this in our office and use it alot. You can only use it on patients with a certain diagnosis or the patients insurance will not pay. The reimbursement is pretty good on this test. It takes only about 5 minutes to do, the results are useful and with the results it gives,we will know if the medication is helping the patient or we need to adjust. I have one doctor who loves it and the other is so so with it. He says he just forgets to use it. My NP usues it alot.
If you are looking for more specific details. I would be happy to assist.