Anyone here continuing their education after graduation????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuriousPharmD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not interested in residencies...I would like to hear about people's experiences in other areas of continuing their education...be it Phd or MBA...why you did it, negatives and positives....

Members don't see this ad.

considering a phd in biochem...only that it's hard to pursue anything when the loans are piling up and i don't have rich parents. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
i know a few people going the phD route........more power to them..........

but there is just too much money being thrown at graduates.........its very tempting to just take the bait and work right away

if a student is still young though and not ready for the "real world" then staying in school could be an option.........

i know for institutional pharmacy, hospitals want pharmD's with at LEAST one year in a residency program........

as for the MBA.........don't people usually do that WHILE getting their pharmD?????

i totally regret not going that route.........i would not have to pay additional for taking MBA courses at a local business school............the hours i received towards my MBA would be transferred towards my pharmD electives.........biggest mistake i made

instead i will work on my MBA on my own and go at a slow pace..........hopefully my work would help pay for tuition or i can find a good "online" MBA program........

After residency I may do the part MHA route, just so I won't get bored.

I may pursue advanced training in hypnosis or therapeutic dance to complement the PharmD.