Anyone here from Miami (students or pharmacists)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CYP3A4

P450
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduate next year and I am considering a move to Miami. I have done plenty of online research looking into the various hospitals and residency programs in the metro Miami area but I was hoping if I could get some insight from actual people living and working in the area.

What are some of the key hospitals to work at if one is interested in a large and progressive (preferably teaching) institution?

Are there any smaller community hospitals worth looking into? (If there is a hospital known to treat pharmacists like dispensing robots and nothing else then let me know! lol)

Which residency programs have good reputations and vice versa?

Don't worry if you don't know what my interests or career goals are. I am just looking for general information before I attend ASHP midyear.

Members don't see this ad.

I graduate next year and I am considering a move to Miami. I have done plenty of online research looking into the various hospitals and residency programs in the metro Miami area but I was hoping if I could get some insight from actual people living and working in the area.

What are some of the key hospitals to work at if one is interested in a large and progressive (preferably teaching) institution?

Are there any smaller community hospitals worth looking into? (If there is a hospital known to treat pharmacists like dispensing robots and nothing else then let me know! lol)

Which residency programs have good reputations and vice versa?

Don't worry if you don't know what my interests or career goals are. I am just looking for general information before I attend ASHP midyear.

well, I lived there for over 10 years so perhaps I can offer some insight...

If you are looking for super large teaching hospital, then Jackson Memorial Hospital in the middle of the Miami ghetto is where you want to be at.

If your looking for a decent sized teaching hospital in a good area, Memorial Hospital of Hollywood is your choice. (this would be my personal choice if I was looking to do a residency back where i'm from)

If your looking for an affiliation with Nova Southeastern, check out Mount Sinai Hospital in North Miami Beach.

The Cleveland Clinic Hospital in Weston (same people as the real cleveland clinic in cleveland) also offers a residency as well. They're a newer hospital in a very glitzy area. You could get some opportunities here.

A hospital I wouldn't want to work at: North Broward Medical Group (they run Broward General, North Broward, Imperial Point, and Coral Springs Medical Center)