Anyone here have a lucky tie?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dumbguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've been rejected the past 3 years and wore the same tie those years. THis year I decided to change to a new tie with a unique design that stood out. On my first interview this year, I got accepted. I have more interviews coming and will be wearing that same new tie! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

what did u do different this year. how did u prepare for the interview this year. ur insight will be appreciated.

Good luck with ur other interviews.:thumbup::thumbup:

what did u do different this year. how did u prepare for the interview this year. ur insight will be appreciated.

Good luck with ur other interviews.:thumbup::thumbup:

I believe he wore a different tie.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe he wore a different tie.

it was also the first time i wore eyeglasses to an interview. It made me look smarter than I really was.:D

I wore eyeglasses to my interview, too because I wanted the more sophisticated look that I get. If i didn't have those on, I don't think the interview committee would have taken me as serious. It's sad to say, but I'm pretty sure it's true. Human nature stereotypes.

I ended up getting accepted to that school and then I got waitlisted at the next school that I didn't wear my glasses to but my interview went way smoother.

Interesting.

it was also the first time i wore eyeglasses to an interview. It made me look smarter than I really was.:D

Now you've done it. You went and changed two variables so we can't be sure if it was the tie or the glasses.

How about next interview: lucky tie but no glasses.
And then: old tie with glasses.

Congrats on your acceptance.

Were they trendy glasses or big geeky glasses? I wear contacts and I almost never wear my glasses because they're sort of geeky lookin'. :oops:

Glasses these days are more better looking than the ones 3 years ago. There are some really cool/modern designs out there. I love my glasses!!! and like mentioned above, it does make you smarter.

I hope you aren't showing those off at interviews. It would make it memorable though.

I have my lucky dress!!!! (telling you guys this better not jinx me!!!! :) )

Members don't see this ad :)
i have a lucky tie...but it's inappropriate for an admissions interview haha

I don't need my vision corrected, but maybe I should get some eyeglasses with clear glass to look smarter? :)

Maybe that's what I need to try the next time I get an invite...if I ever get one again! I'm just so tired of being placed on the alternate list! I just watched a featured short segment on Good Morning America that was posted on Yahoo this morning. A lady tested this out--with and without glasses to 2 different panels for job interview--and it turned out that she actually scored lower on the one with glasses.

Speaking of ties, a person at one of my interviews tried to pull it off with a bow tie.

Maybe that's what I need to try the next time I get an invite...if I ever get one again! I'm just so tired of being placed on the alternate list! I just watched a featured short segment on Good Morning America that was posted on Yahoo this morning. A lady tested this out--with and without glasses to 2 different panels for job interview--and it turned out that she actually scored lower on the one with glasses.

Speaking of ties, a person at one of my interviews tried to pull it off with a bow tie.

I just saw the same "Good Morning America" show regarding wearing glasses.

Remember, it's not about the glasses. It's all about the amount of confidence you display at the interview.

I just saw the same "Good Morning America" show regarding wearing glasses.

Remember, it's not about the glasses. It's all about the amount of confidence you display at the interview.

True.

I saw that segment also. The reporter was smoking hot without the glasses and only "hot" with them.

Glasses show genetic inferiority. When was he last time a president that wore glasses was elected? Truman...thats who, and he was only president because FDR died in office. Wear contacts....lol.

Glasses show genetic inferiority. When was he last time a president that wore glasses was elected? Truman...thats who, and he was only president because FDR died in office. Wear contacts....lol.
lol, what about the countless scientists and Nobel prize winners who wore glasses? They weren't presidents, but they were by no means inferior.