Anyone here work in Kingman,AZ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiscoverID

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any pharmacist/tech here work there? If so, how is this?

Members don't see this ad.

I think that's a bfe area.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't work there, but I've driven through there and stopped for gas on road trips. Pretty small place. About 1.5-2 hours away from Las Vegas, so I guess you could always make some trips there if you wanted to do anything fun.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't work there, but I've driven through there and stopped for gas on road trips. Pretty small place. About 1.5-2 hours away from Las Vegas, so I guess you could always make some trips there if you wanted to do anything fun.
Yeah, I want to check it out to see what's like there, but haven't have the time to.

There are more guns than people in the town, and the politics revolve around the survivalist militias who at one time absolutely dominated local politics, but with major federal oversight have become less overt, and there is an enclave of fundamentalist LDS (not your usual family friendly Mormons) right outside. It is not a particularly welcome or pleasant place if you are not white to live. When I was posted there, I went to Mass on Sundays before work with very polite Italian gentlemen which make up the other part of the town's demographics, and the parish priest definitely spoke both Italian and Sicilian. Neither U of A or Midwestern would have sites there due to a past history of being very unfriendly to certain kinds of people. I'm that kind of person, but had protection from the worst of it due to the polite gentlemen putting it out there that if they had a problem with me, they could take it up with them.

Last edited:
Many of the pharmacists working in Kingman have or had H1B visas... enough said. Oh wait... it has a Cracker Barrel. I never got harassed or anything there (drove up there a couple of times) but yeah Kingman is like 80% white and 10% Latino .

I heard the pay there is amazing that's why I was just wondering. It's 99 miles away from Vegas so I guess live in Vegas and drive there for work? ^_^

BTW, What's BFE area? I googled it but still have no idea

Kingman Regional Medical Center has some postings: https://www.azkrmc.com/pharmacy-opportunities/

BFE = bum**** Egypt

And if you understand AzSHP, there's a reason why Yuma and Kingman pay the best in the state. It's not just that it sucks to live in those areas in Arizona (which is saying something). In both cases, the pharmacy management is well-known to be difficult to work for. I believe Yuma is the highest floor and ceiling salary in the state, and Sierra Vista and Kingman being the next two behind Yuma for the same reasons.

By the way, if you practice in the state of AZ, I recommend that you specifically don't knock on either Yuma or Sierra Vista. The current director of YRMC is on the board, and the past director of Sierra Vista is the longest serving member on the board in AZ history. VA jokes, have at them.

73/hr in retail as RXM with no experience is not unheard of.