Anyone in same boat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tracy47

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the August MCAT, and was going to apply this cycle. But I walked out of the MCAT felt like I bombed it. Dunno if I should apply this cycle or not. Help. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Tracy47 said:
I took the August MCAT, and was going to apply this cycle. But I walked out of the MCAT felt like I bombed it. Dunno if I should apply this cycle or not. Help. :(

i consider it a gamble. i felt the same way, especially about the PS, but i'm going to risk it. what form did you have? (mine was bg)

Scewby Doo 1973 said:
i consider it a gamble. i felt the same way, especially about the PS, but i'm going to risk it. what form did you have? (mine was bg)

I had BG also, and came out of it feeling like I bombed it. I had been scoring in a good range on all of my practice exams(even AAMC ones), but felt like this test was much different. Especially the biology section. Either way, I am still applying this cycle. Thats just the gamble you have to take with the August mcat.

Definitely in the same boat. I'm not sure if I should apply because I have a feeling the MCAT didn't go as well as I hoped it would. I have a competitive gpa, but still worried about the MCAT. I was leaning towards applying but maybe waiting until the scores come...although I've heard this isn't the best way to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say if you wait until your August scores come out in Mid-Late October, then you will be at a huge disadvantage because your application will not be verified until mid-late November probably. If you do not have a problem sitting out for a year and doing something else such as SMP, or some other sort of program, then I would say wait on your scores to see how did, and if you did adequate, then just use that score for next year's cycle. Otherwise, retake the exam next April. If you feel that you are just in post-mcat trauma, then put out a few applications, just so you don't risk too much money, but you give yourself a shot at some schools. Good luck.

I understand you totally. I applied in June, and retook mcat in august. The odd thing is that I thought I did so well in April, and ended up doing terribly. In August, I had DM and thought I bombed the PS. it was abs. awful. I also hold doubts, but I believe that it is worth it to apply to a few state schools now, ...since, what if you did ok??? Or even better than ok? I feel that my own woes are more than post-mcat trauma, considering I totally felt murdered on that exam. I am sure a lot of people contemplate the same, and you should go with your instinct. You may have done much better than you think!~

i took the test and april and did HORRIBLE, i was goin to wait until the august scores were released in october, but decided that i will sumbit amca's within the next week to schools who do not screen for secondaries, and then add the other schools later in october. so i will still have some shot when applying, but i wont waste as much money either.

frany584 said:
i took the test and april and did HORRIBLE, i was goin to wait until the august scores were released in october, but decided that i will sumbit amca's within the next week to schools who do not screen for secondaries, and then add the other schools later in october. so i will still have some shot when applying, but i wont waste as much money either.

Are you sure you can add schools?

Originally posted by MarzH05
Are you sure you can add schools?

That is what I was told by GujuDoc. It does cost money for every school you add though. If u have any questions about it I would PM gujudoc, shes been a great help!!