Anyone know how NYU acceptances are announced?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WayChanger

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that NYU says that they'll notify everyone by the end of January at the latest, but with NYU interviews ending this week, and people on mdapplicants last year reporting receiving acceptances around this time of the year, I was wondering what I should be waiting for. Email? Snail mail? Anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

WayChanger said:
I know that NYU says that they'll notify everyone by the end of January at the latest, but with NYU interviews ending this week, and people on mdapplicants last year reporting receiving acceptances around this time of the year, I was wondering what I should be waiting for. Email? Snail mail? Anyone know?

I was wondering the same exact thing...can anyone help?

UCdannyLA said:
I was wondering the same exact thing...can anyone help?

Last year (which isn't to say this year) I was wait-listed there, and the wait-list letter came via snail-mail in early-to-mid Feb. It never hurts to call their office and ask, anonymously. They kind of do things randomly, though, so you never know--a phone call or e-mail might be possible also (if I remember from last year's threads). Try to find last year's NYU threads for a better idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
WayChanger said:

Whoa, I was like, "NYU is notifying by the end of January; Holy crap! I have to check my e-mail!!" Then I remembered that I didn't even apply to NYU. Oops.

Isnt it different this year though, because they have switched to non-rolling admissions? I feel like there is no way we will hear before their published date of Jan 15. What does everyone think?

Yeah, I am curious about that too. Do we check our email or our regular mail obsessively?