1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Anyone know how NYU acceptances are announced?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by WayChanger, Dec 19, 2005.

1. WayChanger

WayChanger Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I know that NYU says that they'll notify everyone by the end of January at the latest, but with NYU interviews ending this week, and people on mdapplicants last year reporting receiving acceptances around this time of the year, I was wondering what I should be waiting for. Email? Snail mail? Anyone know?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UCdannyLA

UCdannyLA Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was wondering the same exact thing...can anyone help?

4. nicholasblonde

nicholasblonde Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Last year (which isn't to say this year) I was wait-listed there, and the wait-list letter came via snail-mail in early-to-mid Feb. It never hurts to call their office and ask, anonymously. They kind of do things randomly, though, so you never know--a phone call or e-mail might be possible also (if I remember from last year's threads). Try to find last year's NYU threads for a better idea.

5. silas2642

silas2642 silas2642
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Whoa, I was like, "NYU is notifying by the end of January; Holy crap! I have to check my e-mail!!" Then I remembered that I didn't even apply to NYU. Oops.

6. allisonbk

allisonbk Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Isnt it different this year though, because they have switched to non-rolling admissions? I feel like there is no way we will hear before their published date of Jan 15. What does everyone think?

7. Turquoisey

Turquoisey Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Yeah, I am curious about that too. Do we check our email or our regular mail obsessively?