Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Anyone Know how the Hopkins Adcom Works?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by LolaLee, Dec 6, 2005.

1. LolaLee

LolaLee Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi! Just wondering if anyone knew how the Hopkins adcom works. Is it a voting system? Number system? etc. Also, has anyone heard from Hopkins lately-i.e. those who interviewed in october? Good luck and thanks1!

2. drlalchick

drlalchick Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I think they do it via a voting system, with the students as part of the committee. I don't think any school really uses numbers, actually, because each school is looking for a class with varied gifts and numbers doesn't necessarily show that in the admissions process. I interviewed on October 14th at Hopkins and got a call on November 14. Hope that helps.

3. little_late_MD

little_late_MD Ready To Jump
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I believe that the Standard Operating Procedure is for the comittee members to wear their ceremonial black robes on the 13th night of the month at the precise moment where the moon's gravity is strongest with respect to the body's "humors." They meet in a secret room 25.6 feet below the chapel, and chant "Fire, Water, Air, Earth....To another Doctor we give birth" in Latin until an applicant's file appears in the vestibule of purity. This chanting continues until fog rises from the ceremonial urn.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pagemmapants

pagemmapants Unknown Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Don't forget the chicken blood. . . or is that HMS? :laugh:

5. LizzyM

LizzyM the evil queen of numbers
    Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    On the contrary, they throw the applications from the cuppola of the hospital and whichever land face up on the ground below are admitted. Those that land back side up are declined and those that blow away are told that they are waitlisted but in truth... they have no idea who they are. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...