Anyone Know how the Hopkins Adcom Works?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LolaLee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Just wondering if anyone knew how the Hopkins adcom works. Is it a voting system? Number system? etc. Also, has anyone heard from Hopkins lately-i.e. those who interviewed in october? Good luck and thanks1!

Members don't see this ad.

I think they do it via a voting system, with the students as part of the committee. I don't think any school really uses numbers, actually, because each school is looking for a class with varied gifts and numbers doesn't necessarily show that in the admissions process. I interviewed on October 14th at Hopkins and got a call on November 14. Hope that helps.

I believe that the Standard Operating Procedure is for the comittee members to wear their ceremonial black robes on the 13th night of the month at the precise moment where the moon's gravity is strongest with respect to the body's "humors." They meet in a secret room 25.6 feet below the chapel, and chant "Fire, Water, Air, Earth....To another Doctor we give birth" in Latin until an applicant's file appears in the vestibule of purity. This chanting continues until fog rises from the ceremonial urn.

Members don't see this ad :)
little_late_MD said:
I believe that the Standard Operating Procedure is for the comittee members to wear their ceremonial black robes on the 13th night of the month at the precise moment where the moon's gravity is strongest with respect to the body's "humors." They meet in a secret room 25.6 feet below the chapel, and chant "Fire, Water, Air, Earth....To another Doctor we give birth" in Latin until an applicant's file appears in the vestibule of purity. This chanting continues until fog rises from the ceremonial urn.

Don't forget the chicken blood. . . or is that HMS? :laugh:

On the contrary, they throw the applications from the cuppola of the hospital and whichever land face up on the ground below are admitted. Those that land back side up are declined and those that blow away are told that they are waitlisted but in truth... they have no idea who they are. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: