Anyone know when AMCAS begins trasmitting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChemMN

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It looks like they transmitted applications the week of July 14 last year, but the MCAT scores were out more than a week earlier this year...

Does anyone have info?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure the determining factor was the MCAT scores, though. I don't know, but really, there isn't much you can do about it. Get your application in early and just wait. You'll be one of the first applications transmitted and you'll get one of the first secondaries and that's how the process works.

soooo...

i just talked to AMCAS today and it turns out that they have already made certain biographical info available to the schools.. (they just don't tell this to applicants b/c we begin to ask too many questions) anyway, the completed applications will begin to be submitted sometime after July 1. as per a convo with an AMCAS rep today @ about 2 pm.

~LR :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
LRmed2003 said:
soooo...

i just talked to AMCAS today and it turns out that they have already made certain biographical info available to the schools.. (they just don't tell this to applicants b/c we begin to ask too many questions) anyway, the completed applications will begin to be submitted sometime after July 1. as per a convo with an AMCAS rep today @ about 2 pm.

great!! thanks for the info!!!

The AMCAS peeps need to get thier story right....they told me that they would start on the 6th

LRmed2003 said:
soooo...

ACK! And I still can't get my personal statement finished! Thanks for the info...I guess I need to suck it up, stop obsessing, and complete my app! I was thinking I had until mid-July...