Anyone....MCG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deepfry

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody interviewed at the medical college of georgia? If so please let know how long it took to hear back from them. Oh yes and info on Mercer would be nice as well. THANKS.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at MCG back in August, and I haven't heard anything yet. I interview at Mercer on Feb 5 and received my acceptance letter on the 22nd.

you havn't heard anything since august? wow... thats 7 months. I'm waiting on a school I interviewed at in October and I thought that was a long time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed October 15 and got their acceptance letter sometime around the end of January. Apparently, it varies as to how long you will hear back from them. Some people have heard within three weeks following their interview and then I have heard of others who have waited much, much longer...but MCG is notorious for making its applicants wait!
dlc

I wouldn't worry about MCG taking a long time, as dlc said, they are notorious for that. I interviewed at Mercer in Dec. and received my acceptance in Feb. They (Mercer) didn't start accepting applicants (other than early decision)until end of January, so they haven't had many meetings of the adcom yet (once every Monday evening).

Tazman, are you more than likely attending Mercer?

Thanks for all the information, it makes me feel better about this grueling wait. Congrats to Tazman, Nebula, and dlc on your acceptances. Be sure to enjoy the time off b4 school though

Nebula7, I have pretty much decided on attending Mercer. I am still waiting on MCG, but I think I will still go with Mercer even if I get accepted to MCG. I was impressed with Mercer's problem-based learning and focus on primary care. Are you planning on attending Mercer?

yes, I will most likely be attending Mercer. I too was impressed w/the problem based learning. No lectures :clap: As long as I get enough financial aid from them, that's where I'll be. Have you received any orientation info from them yet, or do they send that later on (after May 15 maybe)?

Nebula7, so far I have only received financial aid information. I haven't received any orientation info. I think you're probably right about it coming in a couple of months. Do you have any other info about Mercer?
And by the way congrats on your acceptance.

congrats to you as well! All I have is the financial aid stuff. I was wondering exactly when classes would start so I could start planning my summer, and I was also wondering if they would require a physical and Hepatitis B immunizations before starting. I guess I could call and ask..I just don't really want to pester them though.

Today, MCG sent me a very thin letter. When I tearfully opened it, it was a thank you for interviewing with us letter!! Why must they torture me!!!! :mad:

Today is the 15th...has anyone heard anything?

Cool name fluffyj :)

I believe that orientation is Aug. 1.

Immunization info is posted on the website under the SHS (student health service) page.

I was accepted back in November, and I will most likely be attending. Good luck everyone :D :wink:

I like your name Fluffs!! :cool: How did they contact you with the acceptance?

Certified letter in the mail. Had to sign for it and everything. It was pretty thick, had some housing stuff in there too, along with the accept letter. Good luck to you, I hear that they are sending out a batch after all interviews and adcom reviews have been completed (heard this from an unofficial source). Seems like maybe they are rolling in the beginning and then change to batch acceptances later. I dunno, that's just what I hear.

does anyone know when MCG quits interviewing?

Nope, don't know when MCG stops interviewing. To answer the question from the first post, I interviewed at the end of October and got my acceptance the first week of December -- about a 4 week turnaround. MCG didn't start evaluating applicants until the week before Thanksgiving. Linda DeVaughn at the Admissions Office said the committee met every Thursday night and only got through 10-15 interviewees each time. A very slow process. Good luck!

Yes MCG is very very slow and it is frustrating to have to wait so long. Oh well. Allengal, i believe MCG stops interviewing the end of March. I am pretty sure that is what they told me when i interviewed there so long ago. Have you heard from Mercer? Someone told me they have only accepted like 30 people so far out of 80. Anyways, thanks for the info Peachgirl and Fluffy! And fluffj....get ready to wait and wait, my friend had an interview at MCG in mid January and he didn't hear back until beginning of May, right b4 he graduated. Oh yeah.....did anyone get a letter from MCG asking about Fall 2001 grades?

When I interviewed there they told me to send my fall grades. But then again my interview was in Feb...