ANyone not finish a section and get an 8 or higher

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tatabox80

Super-Duper Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has not finished a section on the mcat and gotten an 8 or higher.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the MCAT last August, and didn't finish 1-2 of the verbal reasoning passages and 1-2 of the physical sciences passages and recieved a 9 on verbal and 8 on physical sciences. Just thought I'd let you know from experience. Took the test again today and once again didn't finish the verbal reasoning section and was 3 questions short on phy sci.

i didn't finish a passage on verbal in april (put all c's), and i got a 9

I didn't have time to read the last section in verbal, so with 5 minutes to go I sort of skimmed and filled in bubbles. I got a 10.

I also marked all C's on the last passage for April MCAT verbal and I got a 10.

It kind of makes you wonder how you would have scored if you would have finished.

When I took the exam last August, I had 20 bubbles left to fill in and got an 8 on VR. I must have guessed well.

Well there is some encouraging info on this thread.

I didn't get to 8 questions on the verbal and I'm still beating my self up about it.

I also did not finish a passage in Verbal reasoning in April and got a 9.

wow, this stuff is definitely encouraging, so is this all true for the bio section as well.

April 2002 MCAT, very breifly skimmed the last two passages, made a bunch of guesses, fortunate to get a 12